Anybody know how long it takes to get from hakuba or nozawa to shiga kogen?

Thinking of doing one week in shiga starting from and returning to one of hakuba or nozawa but not sure about how hard it is to get there.

Hummm if it's winter, I think it would take more from Hakuba to Shiga and v.v.

I would say 2.5 - 3 hours depends on which part of Hakuba/Shiga and the transportation connection though.

wakaranai.gif

It's not a silly idea.

If there is a train from Nagano, Hakuba will be closer than Nozawa onsen. I want a train going from Karuizawa - Manza onsen - Shiga kogen.

Slow, I think 2pintsmate talks about a real train ride from Nagano>>>Matsumoto>>>Hakuba but you talk about a virtual rail from Nagano directly Hakuba not via Matsumoto?

2pintsmate, if you plan to have a JR pass or JR east pass, it covers the rail but the direct bus from Nagano to Hakuba is not covered with the pass. So if you think it's just time wastful, you'd better try the direct bus. It costs 1,400 yen per person for one way and 1 hour ride. If it's a train ride, it's covered by the JR pass, so no extra charge but at least 2.5hours ride.

Thanks!

is there anything to do after skiing at myoko ?

we can add in up to a week for it, but because I haven't been there, not sure if we should! ;\)

It's like most Japanese places - not much of a nightlife going on. I think there are some bars, but don't expect anything wild. Haha. Same goes for most places though unfortunately.

• 1 month later...