• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

My best mate in the States has been brewing beer and wine since college...he was a microbio major and loves it. I brewed beer for about 3 years but not in Japan. Tokyu Hands used to sell beer making kit but the selections were shite.

I had a cake for breakfast this morning. Cake and coffee, with a piece of cold pizza. It was really good actually.

(And I thought I would save this thread the indignity of being pushed onto the second page).

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
Thanks SJA

Hope you enjoyed the experience. Sponge cake "melt in the mouth" is patented to soubriquette.

Is that what you are calling it now soub? "Sponge cake"...

The best sponge cake I have had was my grans. Magic it was I don't know what she did but it was just superb. I think she told me she had been baking the same recipie for something crazy like 50 years or something - a fair bit of practice.

I liked the cakes I tried in Japan.

But this is a Snow in Japan topic, so we must be very careful to stick on topic ;\)

This cake was awesome and I scored some major points by bringing some to the office for the OL. I wouldn't call it sponge, more like a soft snoball, hence the name....Soubriquette must make some serious bank with this product...

Just got back from the airport. Sent off the girl that has been helping me at work for the last 15 months. What a marvelous girl. I'll miss her for the warmth of her personality; the smiles she brought to everyone she met.

Hope she doesn't get too bored in California.