Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Hah Sock Monkey

Beat you to it

Where are you going to go early season?

My 2nd day out this season. No new snow so I have to be extra careful of sharks but it was a lot dryer than the week before because of some nice clear and cold nights. Just low angle turns right now because that is where it is safe to ski. The steeper stuff has the big rocks poking through.

1675855977_08428bf531_o.jpg

Bull caribou with a harem of 5 cows

1675855795_79b80f6ed2_o.jpg

toque, sweet pics. nice single line and the caribou are awesome!

there's a few possibilities, some guys I know wanted to hike blackcomb, there's were some nice turns to be had in the Duffy lake area, black tusk area (there's a few TRs of both on TGR forums). Baker is another option, they are getting lots of snow and should open fairly early.

I don't have a car so I'm pretty dependent on what others want to do. Yesterday would've been good but no one was up for it and now freezing level is skyrocketing to 2500m so who knows.

since i can't talk snow, i may as well talk gear

i just pulled the trigger on a new touring ski for this year. i found a sweet deal and couldn't help myself. longer, stiffer, just as fat, and still lighter than my current setup. these things will kill it.

sock_monkey_34.jpg

(this is the actual pair, pmgear bro model 188 soft)

they are factory rejects, the sidewalls are scuffed up at the tips and tails, but otherwise pristine.

i'll have to sell the mo'ships once i get 'em since the size overlaps and i need to pay for 'em somehow.

Binding question. I'm in the market for a pair of Naxo NX02s. My boot sole length is 34cm, which is the max for Medium size, so I'm inclined to go for Large. Large don't seem to be listed in any Japanese internet sites though.

Any thoughts on using Med at max attack vs, Large in the middle of their range?

def. double check with the actual boot and binding before buying a medium.

personally, i like to have some room to play with since i have had boots ranging from 315mm-317mm in length depending on the brand. if there's a chance you might change boots and brands talk to the shop about ordering a large.

as for performance, the med will be slightly lighter and i would think a little more stiff. i doubt you would actually notice either at all. on the other side it might be a little easier to manipulate the heel elevator with a little extra room, but essentially I don't see a big difference either way.