You have 20 plus tonight. on top of whatever fell today id say 40 to 50.

You then have 40 to 50 km winds loading something. then you have about 200 hungry powder hounds skiing above you. Even if i was planning to go I would cancel or stay on very small slopes and stay away from the juicy lines I love.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

i dont think they'll cancel, i'll make sure we stay on the smaller slopes. pretty sure thats the plan anyway. friday looks like the only fine day at raicho valley according to snowforecast.com. im looking at the right place right?

Doesn't sound any different from any other fall in the Tateyama and that never stopped some of us from getting up there

Myself well I'd go just because everybody says not to

You only live once and even in a whiteout there are some fun runs low down in the Raicho camp area

they ummed and aahhed a little but we're still going. they called someone up there and they said there were people on the slopes today, forecast is for snow now so it must be whiteout, sounds crazy.

can't really tell without actually going there how it will be but we'll err on the safe side.

snowforecast.com forecasts look like the weather will improve so fingers crossed. tateyama doesnt seem the safest place at the best of times anyway.

Yeah Toque there are some runs on the lower slopes but this has been a big snowfall. More like the time you got chased back when you went with dan. looking at over 250 cms of fallen snow in 2 weeks, even you would be nervous. Just remember our tsugaike fark up. I though cb pooped his pants and I watched you hang on for life.

Sure, next time I go there. I think I saw at the camera specialized shops something like a portable LCD panel/HD recorder, to record/playback the image from the camera, I would say the size of a cigarette pack. Don’t remember price for that though. I also saw wireless recorders, but I am not sure if you can fit a transmitter on your camera. It would be a good idea to send me the specifications of your camera especially what kind of connections is compatible with, so I can check what fits with it or not.