Learned the hard way. My foot is still very much not fixed yet.

Quote:
Originally posted by montoya:
killer pics. see any other groups skiing up there??
There were lots of tracks up there but I think most of them are from the workers at the mountain huts.

I'm going to be lazy I think and make the last trip in Tateyama. Unless I ride a bike into the Karasawa again I'm not going back. The approach is just to much.
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is most of the line that is shown on the first page. It's the one with the dirt streak. You can't see the middle finger that I used to access the ridge and then ski down.

blpic42501.jpg

The top of the middle finger looking into the gut of the couloir.

blpic42497.jpg

Looking back up at the middle finger

blpic42498.jpg

Woke up really early on sunday and skied this line. I had thought it would be skinnier and was hoping it was. Just a little bit dissapointed. Maybe I should have skied the shady line on the left.

blpic42500.jpg

Looking down from the top of Sundays line. Fun but not as skinny as I had hoped.

blpic42499.jpg

Great pics my man, absolutely great!

I'm salavating and hoping I can do something similar this coming winter in AK.

That is just some sick sh*t! Good on you Toque!

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:

I'd like to ski this kind of stuff in the winter as well. I don't have the experience though.
I think you'd be just fine. I should have said Spring though. That is backcountry time. When you can find smidgets of leftovers in the mountains and ski them, you've got it down.

Great pics man!

Thanks for the confidence Plucky.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I may even enjoy spring BC skiing to winter skiing. Powder rules but I'm really enjoying couloir skiing right now. I just have to get the experience to combine the 2 of them.