And for those looking for a more chilllllllllin night, try the party next door. Local reggae night that always goes off, give some off of that positive vibrations back to the people who keep that town ticking all year. Plus there is a nude spa bath session in time with the live reggae act, you JET cats missed that...

Is this snow trip to Hakuba worth pushing my leave back a week? I mean, it's cheap as hell - 16000 yen for two nights and meals is ridiculous - but will the boarding be good or better than Nozawa? This will be my first time tasting Japan and i want to do it right, and from what I can tell Nozawa is quiter and less crowded with more off-piste access. All in all, I'm just interested in solid boarding with dood atmosphere. Thanks all

If all your interested in is going Snowboarding then hitting Hakuba during that weekend might not be a good idea.

I am interested and exited about this party but then I get to go skiing every weekend or more and will only be missing out on a bit by getting loaded and not being able to get out the next day.

To get from Hakuba to Nozawa you need to go to Nagano first. I presume you won't have a car? During the winter season there ar six direct busses running from Nagano station to Nozawa. Takes about 1h20. Or take the Iiyama line and then the bus.

The schedules can be found at How to get to Nozawa (should be updated soon).

Quote:
Originally posted by bigjimmystyle:
I mean, it's cheap as hell - 16000 yen for two nights and meals is ridiculous
No offence to the organizers, but that is a fairly typical price for two nights with meals in a pension. Even at the weekend.

They have the trip every year, so I would imagine they're using places people are happy with, and it seems to have a good rep. However, it's only fair to say that you can get similarly good value almost any time during the high season. If you don't like pensions, there is a great range of places for all budgets.

Mr Wiggles beat me to it. last new years the missus and I stayed at a very nice hotel, with buffet breakfast and evening meal for 5,000 a head. 8,000 yen a night is the most I've ever paid for full board in hakuba.

I went last year from Okayama without looking into it properly and it cost me a fortune. Couldn`t get a cheap skibus for those dates and ended up having to get the train. A skibus deal wouldn`t have cost much more for all they offer and including transport and lift passes. So if you don`t have easy transport look to see if there`s any better deals, you can always meet up with people there.

Have to say I thought the party was absolute w@nk as well. LONG time waiting in queues to get in and for drinks, which then ran out. The reggae party next door seemed like a much better option.

• 1 month later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by connackers:

Have to say I thought the party was absolute w@nk as well. LONG time waiting in queues to get in and for drinks, which then ran out. The reggae party next door seemed like a much better option.
I didn't find it to bad
I got there early and then for the long lines I was loaded so felt that crawling on the ground through peoples legs to get to the front was a good idea.
 Quote:
Originally posted by frannyo:
Hundreds of drunk gaijin at a party in Japan sounds extremely unappealling to me.
LOL hundreds of drunk gaijin...

A problem with them is they speak a lot of slangs when they get drunk and in most cases I don't know the words, so I just bought a slang dictionary, hope it helps clap.gif