to the point here, where are the boardin' blokes?

to start a new topic because, as Ocean11 pointed out, i have been rather quiet for a while (have already started summer hibernation until i can get down south, or worse, wait until december for the j-snow t return)...

anyways, getting a bit sick of reading about your snowbunny stories boys cos' this ain't metropolis, but the hard hitting question i pose, is, what does a girl gotta do to meet some half decent huys who are good boarders? (and before you say anything kuma, i love ya work babe, but your socks ruined what could have been so good between us!!)

i have met a few guys out and about in the last few seasons, but funnily enough, they were with their snowbunnies... so i went to canada for 10 days and was overwhelmed by opportunity and selection (and had a very nice time, thank you for asking)... then i came back here and the reality is grimu.

perhaps the lack of apres ski (read alcohol) has someting to do with it... or, no doubt it is the fact that a gaijin girl who can hold her own scares you all off (nice one)... but i would be interested to canvas the views of the males in this forum... do guys even notice attractive girls, be they j or foreign? or is it the sport only man?

i hand it over to the floor..

belle, my dear...

the problem is obvious...why are you limiting yourself to only boarder bloakes...

seems to me the frustrated females on this board are all boarders...don't see any skiers complaining...because we are much more receptive...

how 'bout looking for some skier studs, and i am sure your luck will change..

danz

(ocean11, your turn...)

Come to AU.

Our season is about to start, and we need all the boarder girls we can get.

I spent last season following a couple of girls that worked at the lodge I stayed at, and they were so far better than me that it wasn't funny, but I didn't care, coz I learnt a lot hnging around with them.

> what does a girl gotta do to meet some half decent huys who are good boarders?

Well the ones I know won't be easy to find, or catch up with. Plus they're all hitched, although that wouldn't necessarily and of itself stop them from being charming. I'd suggest getting a map of Nozawa Onsen and scoping out the gullies with trees. On days when the powder is all luffy fluffy, they'll be in there. They'll definitely be pleased to see you. And they have very nice, very hygienic socks.

And now that I'm self employed, you'll find me getting about on some of the local Suwa fields on weekdays.

BTW, belle, how do you manage all your round the world jet-settin'? Are you exceedingly wealthy, or just completely profligate? Whatever, I cain't wait to meetcha...

danz - my sincere apologies, i should not have excluded half the board with such a careless comment, but actually, it is nice to ride with your own kind (skiers always get huffy with me when it takes so long to do up bindings) - was merely being considerate to you skiers out there!!

raury - where in au did you work last season? i was at perisher for a while.. and although you don't see a huge amount of boarding bettys down there as yet, things are getting better. long way from adelaide, no?

ocean11 - you are the biggest fan of nozawa and i am yet to understand why... although i must confess to having an awesome time under the lifts in the gully to the left of the last remaining "skiers only" run last time i was up there....lots of very more than half decent blokes in there, unfortunately they were my friends with whom i was riding, and well, they are also hitched or otherwise with unhygenic socks or both!!

so ocean, one day we will meet, alas you fall into the hitched albeit charming category yourself, i believe...

oh, did you ever read that book 'the firm'? that's my secret (kidding). but i'll make sure i'll have wads of cash in my pockets just to keep you impressed... smile.gif

Belle

Pretty "grimu" for girljins eh? If you're a lawyer, I don't suppose you can do the burikko thing either.

Guys that care so much about snowboarding that they don't notice attractive girls aren't worth bothering with. There are more important things in life, n'est-ce pas? Guyjins that go on about wonders of Japanese women to the detriment of Western ladies are also total losers. In private, you'll often find them moaning that their Japanese partners don't act in a more Western fashion. Pathetic.

Anyway, get some pictures up on the readers' gallery for a start. You don't sound like a shy girl (a compliment), so let's have a look at ya!

Quote:
Originally posted by belle:
raury - where in au did you work last season? i was at perisher for a while.. and although you don't see a huge amount of boarding bettys down there as yet, things are getting better. long way from adelaide, no?

Unfortunately I didn't work last season nor will I this season (current IT position doesn't give me enough weeks off, so I am saving them up), but next season I reckon I will go do dish-pig somewhere smile.gif
I stay at Julians Lodge in Falls Creek. Direct bus from ADL, but it takes about 14 hours to get there.
Still, better than no snow at all.

Would really love to get to Japan for a week, just to compare notes.
 Quote:
Guys that care so much about snowboarding that they don't notice attractive girls aren't worth bothering with

Couldn't be better put. We all love the snow sports, but hey what's this your saying belle?! eek.gif

We will have to take more notice..

Obviously

Belle- I can't believe the blokes aren't pestering the hell out of you. Nothing sexier than a girl who can carve it up but like you say lots of guys are hitched here-myself included. Hakuba could be the place for you-there always seems to be a shortage of girls and the single guys are more than eager. The happiest gaijin girls I know in Japan are the ones who dig Japanese boys. If the gaijins aren't coming up with the goods I'm sure there's no end of cool Japanese board boys to keep you happy.

Hey belle, I know where ya coming from. The gaijinguys are all with their cute Japanese buns, don't seem to notice us. I'm a not bad looking lass myself, and get a lot of attention back home and also from Japanese guys.

So what's going on guys?

On one of my trips to Nozzle, I saw two very attractive if slightly snotty looking foreign skigirls in the 7-11 there in the morning. Although I was looking at them with an eye to being charming and friendly, they wouldn't even look at me. Well, I won't waste even a 'Hi' on someone who won't look at me.

I am indeed hitched, to the lovely and long-suffering Mrs 11, but a bit of friendliness elsewhere doesn't hurt.

belle, what's good about Nozzle is that it gets more snow than nearly anywhere else. The best game plan is to go straight to that area you mention under and between the top two lifts, ride it for an hour or so then head to the middle of the hill where there's more of the same. Then when the whole lot is cut up, start at the top and do a selection of runs right down to the bottom joining up the forbidden gullies and lift runs with short dashes across the gelende. There's a lot of great stuff there.

BTW belle, if you're a lawyer involved with the yakuza, do you have colourful full-body tattoos? We have a thread about that too where you might like to post some snaps.

• 3 weeks later...

Rach - I'm honoured that your 200th post was on my thread! legend. And what a fitting thread too.

You boys have to do more to get yourselves noticed out there. I am hoping this season to really improve in the terrain park/half pipe...anyone interested in meeting up with me and showing me how its done, say in about 6 months from now?!! My few encounters with the half pipe were as follows:

1st - when I accidentally dropped into it and didn't know it was a half pipe - utter disaster (in Lake Louise Canada)

2nd - when I got some serious air, landed on the wrong edge and landed on my butt so hard that I could not sit for 2 weeks (also, Lake Louise Canada - the 11 hour flight home was simply the most painful thing in living memory. The mere thought still brings tears to the eyes!)

3rd - very mediocre turns and edging - do you need to be good riding regular and goofy to be any good in the pipe? (Arai - bloody good resort BTW)

Anyways - all this is off the topic, good to see so many of you guys out there, and don't drop off the Board just yet.

As for you, Mr Ocean 11, I'm amending my profile: too may snide comments, not to mention yakuza references! I am as honest, ethical and moral as they come (and I invite NO comments to that one!)

Finally, as for yakuza like tattoos - you might guess by conspicuous absence of contributions to that thread that I am sans tattoo at present. Besides, I would be kicked out of my gym for being 'gang like'. Can't have that now, can we?

Tata for now.

Belle

ps - Ocean11 - please, please post/email me details of your board care dude - very keen to get it off to be fixed this weekend...

Belle - I'd be happy to meet you in 6 months

if Nagano/Niigata is where you want to go.

I'm not sure where ARAI is, but I can do the

park/pipe thing with some flair.