Nice dream resort there Rod.

I've got a spare ichiman to invest, for which I hope to obtain a worthwhile % of this new project.

Thank you.

kiss.gif

Questions for ya...

(i) Which year's Champagne first investor can drink in Onsen?

(ii) where you gonna invest near Kobe or Nagano oe Niigata or Hokkaido!?

Kobe -- chotto far.... and Is there snow resort in Kobe!? Or are you make one in Rokkosan!?

(iii) Can 1st investor can get own Massage chair after Onsen!? tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Nat (edited 31 May 2002).]

you guys can have the onsen...

and even the massage chair too...

if I invest, all I want is first tracks whenever first tracks are to be had...

oh yah, and some challenging terrain that is closed to all except me...and i guess a few of the other first investors...

by the way, what is this all about anyways...

who is Rod??

danz

oops...just read the article...

I guess my "kind" aren't wanted in your precious new venture...

i will take my niman (that's right rach, i was going to double your investment) elsewhere...where it is appreciated...

danz

rolleyes.gif

Rather negative of you, interested.

Maybe you're just not interested.

I think Rod might need a bit more investment than the few-man-en that currently seems to be on offer.

How are you gonna promote the place Ocean, in different ways to get noticed from all the other places?

And how much budget do you have for that?

Please tell us.

We'll sell memberships, promote the whole thing as a relationship instead of a one-off visit - something like frequent flyers maybe. The more times you come to play, the more you get, whether you become a member or don't want to bother. The New Resort remembers who you are, and sends you email promotions and weather news if you want it, to your computer or your mobile phone.

We'll hold joint promotions with good travel agents and transport companies.

The big snowboarding events in Japan will all be held here (naturally!) and the snowboard makers will name some of their stuff after the resort, or some of it's features.

There isn't much budget for promotions because it will all be done on the cheap and smart. We won't be sponsoring any TV snow forecasts, that's for sure - our target audience might not be in front of their telly when it comes on. The more you think about it, the more lame some of these resorts seem.

Good question. Um, dunno. Maybe we'll have a couple of them. We could barge in on Hakuba and take over a struggling resort and remake it totally, or we could build it on virgin territory. Buying out one of the Yuzawa resorts may be a good idea - access from Tokyo will be an issue.

Got any more than the few-man yet Ocean? You might need to direct your savings for a Dirtsufer and pool in into your buying a resort funds.

wave.gif

Virgin territory hey.

Well, not Roppongi then, that's out out of the equation. Oh yeah, they don't get snow there anyway do they?

I don't think there's many places in Yuzawa that could be developed - even if they let you - maybe take over somewhere and make it decent.

You'll have to rent a helicopter and go checking places out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.

On this subject again, Rod-meister, what are you going to do about those dreaded lifts that need to be at a resort to get up the hill?

Eh? I thought I covered that.

They're going to be well located, well provisioned, and open all year round for the various activities. And there'll be T-bars in the little museum in one of the restaurants, just to show how far we've come (oh, and skis - sorry I couldn't resist).

Well, I wasn't going to reveal my new Albatross technology until the patents were registered, but since you asked...

The edges of the trails will all be provided with moving cables some 3 metres off the ground. Visitors who have purchased the sturdy Albatross overalls will be able simply to attach themselves with a hook to the wire and literally 'fly' up the hill from any position on the course. This will eliminate the bottlenecks that are an essential flaw in conventional lift systems.

There are a few issues to be negotiated with the insurance providers, but otherwise the system is ready to go.

The teleporting system that mixed up snowboarder's genes with the DNA of their Snickers bars proved impractical, but we still hope to iron out those problems at a later date.