All the Niseko-loving makes me laugh. Yes, a good place, but compared to Whistler and far better than other places in Japan - NOT.

- it's small

- it's not too challenging

- it's mini-Australia

- it's hype is tiring (don't you think)

Try NAGANO. It's the best!

Here ends my small mini-Nagano-thread-but-really-an-ad-post.

Tongue-in-cheek, righht folks \:\)

Niseko - terrible place!

Terribly deep dry powdery snow.

Terribly lenient backcountry access.

Terrible shortage of pass-pulling patrollers.

Terribly disappointing for habitual lift-liners.

Terribly exciting four new nightspots opening this season...

Terrible!

Yeah stay away! It's not worth going! In fact why would any skier of boarder wanna go to a place with great people and snow! ? Makes no sense!! Stay away and then I can have more fun!

Mog... What ya talkin bout mate? Niseko sucks. I mean who would like a place that has shite backcountry, shithouse lift system, gets tracked out in 5 mins... I mean the place is a ****en hole. Definitely stay away! The place stinks of bloody sulfur from those awful onsen things too... yuck. Dont go there! Everyone should definitely boycott the place!

Quote:
Originally posted by woywoy:
The place stinks of ****** sulfur from those awful onsen things too... yuck.
Actually on comparison to day's used boot socks I would think that the smeel would be rather soothing! Besides in Hirafu there is only 1 onsen and it is a long way from anywhere near where you might wanna go. Can't say much for the other two sides cuse I haven't been there.

If the smell of Onsen's annoys you then perhaps you should stay away from mountains althogther in Japan given that most have Onsens.

There are better resort that you can spend your limted time/money than Niseko for the same(or better)type of snow and terrain. The place, I think, is way over rated. My 2 cents.