Good but not brilliant.

There's lots of snow there, and lots fell on Thursday, but mild temps turned it to snot overnight.

So the piste is in very good condition - flat and forgiving. I did some good carving today. But the off-piste wasn't up to much. Not enough to cover the little bushes, and very heavy snow.

Quite a lot of people out, even on a Friday (and in Nov., when no sane person would dream of going boarding) - looked more like a Saturday's turnout to me.

Tomorrow isn't looking great for the big opening of Goryu. There won't be much if any fresh new snow.

Had my first slide in the car today too, in Hakuba. Lost control on a 90 degree corner and drifted very elegantly right across the road. \:\)

Ocean November variable conditions. but you must admit this time last and more so last year around dec 15 we were begging for snow. At this pace the trees will be ready for good xmas sessions, maybe earlier.

Clascification off piste means outside the area bounderies off the trail means inside the bounderies but not marked.

Geto was sick, Only the two gondolas were going but there was plenty of fairly light freshies to be had for most of the day. (all day if you were determined) According to people who skied there last year there was an average saturday crowed there. There are no tables or rails up yet but im not complaning yet.

Ok sorry just when people say off piste its gets mixed up a lot. I consider everthing at Cortina inbounds or just out of the course. When I hike somewhere out of the area and have to hike out or back to the resort or camp thats Off piste to me.

I will make my first trip after I get back from Canada so if things keep going this way its going to be a great early start, for me that is.

Went up with barok on deebee on Saturday to Hakuba 47. barok and I managed to poach some powder on the top double at Hakuba 47! Great day on November standards!

The November weather though is having an effect on the pack with hard to icy fast conditions in the morning to some wet heavy snow in the afternoon.

Watch out for what you wear too! It was hot! (People were sleeping outside on the verander!)

Generally I was really happy at the conditions given that is only November!

Thanks barok and deebee!!

Since you didn't mention anything about your injury, Mogski, I guess everything is O.K. so far, right?

Good on you!

I know it's got nothing to do with me, but being out here in snowless HK, I have to resort to living vicariously through you guys!....at least till Christmas.

Had my hatsu-suberi yesterday at Hakuba Goryu/47! The weather was great(sunny, not too cold)and the snow was even better(powder, can y`all believe it?)! I was surprised at the number of people that was there. The lines were at times long-ish but I usually got onto the lift after 5 to 10 min of waiting. Goryu had the gondola at the base and two lifts on the top running. 47 even had half a pipe, 2 kickers, 1 big tube and 1 rail(tried the rail and ate it)! Unfortunately because there were so many visitors snow condition began to deteriorate after around 12pm or so. That long intermediate run at 47 was especially scarred. Overall had a great time. Never expected to have so much snow. Today my body`s paying for it, though. :p

Yeah went to 47 on Saturday with half of the Nagano ski population I think. Wow the snow was waaaaay better than I would have imagined, esp after a pretty warm week. I was giving a new pair of boots their first run and WOW what a difference they make! Cant believe Ive been putzing round on my old ones for so long after skiing with the new. Bring on the weekend! 47 on Friday anyone? \:D

Er, yeah, as everybody keeps saying, it's popular.

When I went on Friday, there was a Saturday crowd there, so you can imagine what Saturday's crowd is like.

But feel free to disregard that completely.

went to hakuba 47/Goryu- yeah last saturday with deebee and mogski, then again on tuesday with some naggers, then again on wednesday with my bro from work - and not too crowded i thought - although i did run smack into a few Japanese people - nothing serious, but there is a rule -

yield to uphill riders. not much you can do when someone decides to turn blindly into your line the second before you get there. mad.gif

In any case - good days all of them, found powder, built jumps, got air, broke myself and my bindings, \:o had fun, looking much forward to the rest of the season.