YES, we did it, MickRich and I did it, we are now members of SnowJapans most exclusive club, a club so exclusive and small that our secret meetings (last Friday of the Month, but only if the month has 29 days) will be held here.

gallery_12115_202_1316074.jpg

Do you need to ask what gives you membership to this most exclusive of clubs, it is of course the ability to utter those immortal words "I have skied/boarded Mt Granview"

Yes, I say to all those doubters out there, for I was there to witness it, MickRick has boarded Mt Granview, BUT, yes but, not only did he board Mt Granview he hiked out the back and boarded the back country beside Mt Granview.

All joking aside, it was a fantastic day, the snow was great, knee deep untracked powder, and the views. The views were outstanding, every time I took a lift up I could only marvel at how beautiful the area is. Those of you who are lucky enough to live in this area are truly blessed.

More photos and a trip report to come later.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you know that the word 'bottomless' was first coined at Mt Granview?   Yes, cheesy dickwads in Hakabu shamelessly took over that word and tainted it forever, rendering it with an everlastingly w

Me too!

Well, you just have to man up and learn to live with it really. Accept that nowhere will be quite the same. I think you will just realise that you have been lucky enough to be able to experience

• SnowJapan Admin

Congratulations!

If I had known, I'd have invited you round for cake, crisps and pop..... secret World HQ here is just over 1km from Mt Granview, I'm looking up at it's soaring peaks now actually.

:friend:

Not sure about bottomless, I landed on my bottom a few times. Mich, being a boarder sat on his, so there were a few bottoms there.

The snow was epic though. Probably because they had been closed during the week, one day open, then more snow on Saturday night. Boot to knee deep powder with a couple of places with more than that. (how do I know, well I'm a shit powder skier, so ended up on my bottom, face, stomach a lot, and in a few places it was very very deep)

I'm pretty sure at least one of those lines are Micks.

He disappeared off under that pylon, then appeared 40 minutes later on the lift up from the bottom

onehunga_92.JPG

I went a bit snap happy with the camera, the views were so gran(d)

Good work onehunga!! Look forward to having a proper look on the pc, as well as uploading my own, when I get back tomorrow night//Weds.