Three aircon, large fridge freezer, washing machine, massive tv, oven - price challenge!

Tomorrow I am going to check out some big electric shops and see how they react to my shopping list.

Already pretty much decided the models of each thing I'll be wanting to buy, so it's simply a case of 'how much can you do this for me if I pay all at once in cash, kind sir'.

No sales talk needed. Just a number.

Who will win? Yamada, Ks, Joshin....and can any of them compete with what kakaku tells me. Which is well over 1 million yen.

Wondering if such a large one time cash shop can give me a miracle discount.

Will let you know how it goes.

It will be interesting to hear how that goes with such a big list of things to buy.

'Kakaku' is pretty much girigiri in terms of costings for a business and so I doubt you will get that but you might get close with added insurance, delivery and installation kind of stuff added in.

K's Denki were great today.

Was there for 3 hours with this lot.

They came in at a total for the lot at just 15,000 yen (1.5 man) more than the cheapest prices on kakaku. But that includes 5 years full cover on the TV and washing machine, and 10 years on the air conditioners and fridge. And delivery.

I'd say that was a mighty fine deal, and they have given us a week to decide.

Was very pleasantly surprised.

Basic installation included.

But, they would need to come and see for a final assessment of what it takes. Case by case, etc.

Still, wherever you buy from, that stuff would be needed, ne.

Cool!

I prefer a cold hard cash number than all the fannying and faffing about with points, which kind of feel like a complicated smoke and mirrors kind of thing. Just give me the number and let's not faffing about!

We have two good fridge freezers which are only 5 years old and a decent TV, etc, so no need for them, but we are buying kitchen cabinets, dining cabinets, and a decent oven!

As we have two dogs we are sticking with the old Sofa and Table and chairs for a month or two after we move in as we are sure they will do their marking and the younger dog the chewing and marking.

Once that is over we are going to buy a new Sofa and Table chair set.

Cool!

I prefer a cold hard cash number than all the fannying and faffing about with points, which kind of feel like a complicated smoke and mirrors kind of thing. Just give me the number and let's not faffing about!

pssstt......ya know, so do I.

But that's neither here nor there since my wife is the hard bargainer. When she is negotiating I have to walk away..... the salespeople always have that deer in the headlights look after the "Determinator"....that's what i call her, starts working her magic.

We had to replace our microwave last week and Yamada sold us the new one for a few hundred yen cheaper than kakaku without negotiating. They'll also take the old one for nothing. Since they only make tiny microwaves now, we had to buy one with a built in steam oven thingy. Its got lots of functions but I doubt we'll use any of them. Our old was a combo one too and it was well short of a built in oven for baking.

If you want a fridge freezer with a big freezer, Costco is a good shout. Japanese ones all seem to be 25% freezer at most. American ones have fully automated icemakers too. They need plumbing in, but in many houses (ours at least) it would be a simple job.

We had to replace our microwave last week and Yamada sold us the new one for a few hundred yen cheaper than kakaku without negotiating. They'll also take the old one for nothing. Since they only make tiny microwaves now, we had to buy one with a built in steam oven thingy. Its got lots of functions but I doubt we'll use any of them. Our old was a combo one too and it was well short of a built in oven for baking.

If you want a fridge freezer with a big freezer, Costco is a good shout. Japanese ones all seem to be 25% freezer at most. American ones have fully automated icemakers too. They need plumbing in, but in many houses (ours at least) it would be a simple job.

Ya...I was up at Costco the other day and I was drooling over some of those fridges. I'd have to remodel my kitchen to get one of those beauties to fit.

Our Mitsubishi fridge freezer has an automatic ice maker in it and its a Japanese fridge.

The freezer is about one third of the freezer so a decent size.

Depends on the model and what you want from it.

We bought ours from Kojima five years ago.

So far very happy with it.

Around ju man en...give or take. .. :wakaranai: I wasn't really paying attention to be honest. I was rather imagining how I would ever get it into my house and to fit it in my kitchen....haha.

No, but going to Yamada today just to see.

Part of me says it might be worth waiting until September, but I don't think it'll make much difference if any (given the current deal), and a bigger part of me kind of wants to sort it out and get it out of the way.

Will report on what Yamada say.

Around ju man en...give or take. .. :wakaranai: I wasn't really paying attention to be honest. I was rather imagining how I would ever get it into my house and to fit it in my kitchen....haha.

That sounds cheap. The largest top Japanese models are around 200,000 yen with a discount.

That sounds cheap. The largest top Japanese models are around 200,000 yen with a discount.

Again.,.. I wasn't really price checking though.