On the menu - crocodile, kangeroo, ostrich, camel

Ishiuchi Drivein, good yakiniku here in Minamiuonuma at the base of the Ishiuchi Maruyama skijo, and with a surprisingly wide menu..... on there is crocodile, kangeroo, ostrich and camel meat!

Wonder how many people try them? Not done so myself, I always have the same thing when I go there I like it so much.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Extra anchovies please.....!!     Oh..that's nasty even by my questionable standards....

We most certainly eat it in our home...BUT in years past Kangaroo meat was not commercially available for human consumption. It was however available in frozen packs as pet meat. I would expect that the stigma of eating a 'lesser' pet food grade meat is what keeps a lot of people from eating it. It took me a while to warm up to horse meat - my initial reaction was GLUE.

Ishiuchi Drivein, good yakiniku here in Minamiuonuma at the base of the Ishiuchi Maruyama skijo, and with a surprisingly wide menu..... on there is crocodile, kangeroo, ostrich and camel meat!

Exotic!

Heard about that place, never been.

Ostrich....probably tastes like Emu....and that was shit....very, very gamey chicken.

Kangaroo is good...just don't over cook it...tastes like venison

Croc....just tasted like chicken

I've eaten all of them.

Kangaroo is a very lean meat and can not be over cooked. Medium-rare at most, and generally the rarer the better.

Crockadile is like fish mixed with chicken. It's really good when lightly fried tempura style. Some Mexican places are serving it here now.

The cut of camel I have had was a bit more like wagu, not too bad.

Emu I can't remember but I think it was just like a gamier style of chicken. Nothing really to write home about.

Squirrels ...especially in the fall eating all the acorns. The brain is like boiled egg york

The squirrels brain?

Have had 'roo kebabs - and very tasty they are too! As said, because of the very low fat content, they need to be very lightly cooked.

There are some here who insist that we should not be eating the animal that's on out coat of arms, but they are in plague proportions and very destructive of fences, and they eat a heap of the grass that beef farmers want to feed their cattle.