If there's one thing that gets you worked up....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 'tipping' culture (restaurants, hotels, etc). It is the most most ridiculous thing in the world....ever, and I will not take part in the idiotic charade (as much as possible). Hurray for Japan,

Oh no...hell no!! I will never ever contribute to that scam. Whenever the NHK guy comes by I tell him to wait a minute.....then I go and crank up the volume on the NHK channel so he can surely hear

BBC TV license. Ace

The 'tipping' culture (restaurants, hotels, etc).

It is the most most ridiculous thing in the world....ever, and I will not take part in the idiotic charade (as much as possible).

Hurray for Japan, which gets it spot on right.

:)

• Like 1

Oh no...hell no!! I will never ever contribute to that scam. Whenever the NHK guy comes by I tell him to wait a minute.....then I go and crank up the volume on the NHK channel so he can surely hear it. Then I tell him to piss off.

• Like 1

NHK. yeah never paid it and never intend to.

Don't see why I have to pay for a load of rubbish that I don't watch anyway!

Well ok so I watch NHK news, but that doesn't really count it is news after all!

Really I think Japanese TV was designed by idiots for idiots. I don't think any intelligent normal human would want to be subjected to the mind numbing rubbish they pump out over the air waves!

I'm with you on that Thurs!! I didn't pay that either!!

Although, if they catch you in Britain, then its possible to do time.....but of course normally just a fine. Over here, NHK only needs to be paid for if you bought your TV with the express intention to watch NHK. Or something along those lines......either way its not enforceable by law and is only an "opt-in" charge

I thought there would be someone to come along here by now to tell me I'm a criminal and I'm breaking the law by not paying it..... the moral police must be busy elsewhere.

The last time the NHK guy came I did notice he was getting a little more pissy about me telling him to piss off. He wasn't backing down as easily as before and was putting some extra umph in trying to make me feel guilty. Wasted effort... Up yours douchebag..