If there's one thing that gets you worked up....

Must admit I don't react very well to people getting all 'this is how you should do it' with me.

Do you like people telling you how to do your job?

I don't think it is ever going to be really productive, the people on the other end will probably just let out a few expletives - at best they won't be more inclined to help.

There are better ways of doing things.

:wave:

I'm very much not into confrontation though, rather Japanese style in that respect. :lol:

True.

Ohhh...I forgot another doozy...

PB snapped last night night when threatened once again by someone 'do something (not sure what he actually wants done though...) or I will take it further (the 'further' has been stated and is a ridiculous over reaction, akin to destroying everything around him in a fit of temper).

Many flamboyant expletives flowed in response, along with a 'never contact me again'.

So yeah....people don't often respond well to being told what to do or threatened.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 'tipping' culture (restaurants, hotels, etc). It is the most most ridiculous thing in the world....ever, and I will not take part in the idiotic charade (as much as possible). Hurray for Japan,

Oh no...hell no!! I will never ever contribute to that scam. Whenever the NHK guy comes by I tell him to wait a minute.....then I go and crank up the volume on the NHK channel so he can surely hear

BBC TV license. Ace

Over here, NHK only needs to be paid for if you bought your TV with the express intention to watch NHK. Or something along those lines......either way its not enforceable by law and is only an "opt-in" charge

That's not right. If you have any television equipment that is capable of receiving the NHK broadcast then you have to pay. It's definitely not an opt-in charge. The thing is, there are no punitive actions listed for non-payment so the chances of NHK actually coming after you is pretty slim. Especially if you tell them that you don't have a TV, which is what I do... no need to make some dude who is just trying to do his job miserable by ****ing around with him.

The last time the NHK guy came I did notice he was getting a little more pissy about me telling him to piss off. He wasn't backing down as easily as before and was putting some extra umph in trying to make me feel guilty. Wasted effort... Up yours douchebag..

I'd be careful about doing this... over the years they have gone after people who they know is flaunting the broadcasting law.

Back on topic, one this that really bugs me are racist assholes. If you want to hate me for who I am that's fine but don't hate me for what I am.

Over here, NHK only needs to be paid for if you bought your TV with the express intention to watch NHK. Or something along those lines......either way its not enforceable by law and is only an "opt-in" charge

That's not right. If you have any television equipment that is capable of receiving the NHK broadcast then you have to pay. It's definitely not an opt-in charge. The thing is, there are no punitive actions listed for non-payment so the chances of NHK actually coming after you is pretty slim. Especially if you tell them that you don't have a TV, which is what I do... no need to make some dude who is just trying to do his job miserable by ****ing around with him.

The last time the NHK guy came I did notice he was getting a little more pissy about me telling him to piss off. He wasn't backing down as easily as before and was putting some extra umph in trying to make me feel guilty. Wasted effort... Up yours douchebag..

I'd be careful about doing this... over the years they have gone after people who they know is flaunting the broadcasting law.

Back on topic, one this that really bugs me are racist assholes. If you want to hate me for who I am that's fine but don't hate me for what I am.

I hear ya BM... but, ah...F'em. They can come after me then. I'll throw my TV at em. (the old box..not the new one.. ;) )

As for your dilemma Snowjunky... Good on ya. People need to be shaken out of this "stupid stupor syndrome" that's infecting all society. We don't need any more silly zombie movies,... we got the real deal all around us.

Result :thumbsup:

:highfive: BTW the booking is for 10 nights in Queenstown NZ in August.

Good morning Geoffrey,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my request and for your detailed explanation.

I appreciate your relaxation to me in this one instance and agree to the terms and conditions as outlined below.

Kind regards,

John Hellyer

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\JOHNHE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif

Director

Australian Resort Management Sales

PO Box 700 Maroochydore Qld 4557

Ph: 07 5444 7966 Mob: 0407 594 142

Email: john@managementsales.com

Web: www.managementsales.com

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\JOHNHE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.jpg

Sent: Tuesday, 25 June 2013 3:52 PM

To: 'john@managementsales.com'

Subject: RE: Reservation Problems

Good afternoon John,

Thanks for your email.

Firstly to briefly explain – being a part of the industry, I’m sure you know about limited special deals and how they work. The term limited is used because they are limited in availability, limited in flexibility, and limited in timeframes. Every part of our industry (airlines, hoteliers, travel agents) is now doing more and more of these limited specials to stay competitive. However they attach these limited specials with strict rules and conditions in order to protect the slim profit margins these specials have. Being high up in the industry I am hoping you can relate to this and appreciate where we are coming from.

Having said this, rules are meant to be broken - but not all the time. So in this spirit I am happy to extend the stay7/pay 6 special to your amendment as a gesture of goodwill. This will essentially mean that your booking will drop down to 9 nights, but you will be paying for 8 nights (A total price of NZ$3152 out of which you have already paid NZ$200).

However before I get my team to action this free amendment, I will need you to agree to the following conditions so that we are both clear on the rules from here onwards;

· Any further amendments will be subject to the best price available at the time of amendment – i.e if the special is not available, you will need to pay whatever difference in price.

· Any further amendments will incur a $50 amendment fee.

· Any further amendments will have to be done at least 48 hours prior to the arrival date.

· If you elect to cancel, your booking will be non refundable and subject to cancellation fees as stipulated in Breakfree’s terms & conditions (see website).

Once you get back to me with agreement on the above, I will get my team to action the amendment and email you back with a confirmation.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Geoffrey Evarts

Team Leader - Central Reservations

Mantra Group

P.O Box 8016, GCMC, Bundall, QLD 9726

Phone: 1800 080 878 (+61 7 5665 4450)

Fax: +61 7 5665 4433

Web: www.mghotels.com.au

• Like 1

Thanks MB, I am still not convinced that they had a valid reason for mucking me around but I am not too proud to eat humble pie, particularly when the $356 saved will go towards many consoling Kiwi ales.

Hey, Junky man!

Good result. Good to see that the management finally saw sense especially in that you are a part of the industry. I guess that paid a part in their decision.

The emphasis on the fact that you are a part of the wider snow-travel community, earlier in the exchange, was a good move. Might be worth mentioning to them (but not in public) the places in which you have discussed this matter. They deserve to see how their call centre staff nearly cost them the entire booking because of a reliance on "TCSN" mentality and a lack of brain function.

Good result Junky!

I do wonder though, either the chap writing to you has crappy English or he is not native, because I picked up plenty of grammatical errors and incorrect verb usage.

Maybe it is just me being overly fussy as I do a lot of proofreading work for various companies and the European commission, so I guess I can't help but pick up these mistakes.