• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Winter is Coming   The Maesters think that the Margs, Whitewalkers and the Others will come from beyond the wall. And Danerys Stormborn will conquer with the 3 headed dragon   http://www.youtub

Go Native, you have to remember that when you give snowdude information your are giving a toddler some toy blocks that he is trying to fit into some shaped holes. Unfortunately, he seems to only have

Strange as you had already answered the first two questions by telling me and everyone that The output from the sun varies over time as does the earths orbit around the sun as does the axial tilt of t

April global anomalies are just in. No sign of cooling yet unfortunately....

The combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for April 2013 was the 13th warmest on record, at 0.52°C (0.94°F) above the 20th century average of 13.7°C (56.7°F).

201304.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For May. Still no obvious signs of that cooling trend we keep hearing about from that conspiracy nutter.

For land and ocean surfaces combined;

May 2013 tied with 1998 and 2005 as the third warmest May in the 134-year period of record across global land and ocean surfaces, at 0.66°C (1.19°F) above the 20th century average

For land obsevations only;

Overall, the average global temperature across land surfaces was 1.11°C (2.00°F) above the 20th century average, marking the third warmest May on record. The average land temperature in the Northern Hemisphere was fifth warmest on record, while the Southern Hemisphere—which has considerably less land surface area than the Northern Hemisphere—was second warmest on record.

201305.gif

Totally expectef this heatwave.

Its the hot before the cooling.

Many places are way hot this year.

In some cases these extra hot summers will be the norm with extra cold snowy winters.

Where as other areas will have both colder summers and winters.

I like the way GN says that because these last three days have been very hot it is a sign of global warming but when many places are below average cold he calls it a regional annomally and nothing to do with cooling.

Typical warmist.

We will soon know who is right!!!!

You did notice I put a :lol: after I wrote that snowdude. Obviously it was too subtle a hint for you to understand I was joking. It was a joke because it's what you do all the time in a forlorn attempt to try and piece together some illusion of a cooling climate. Even though there still hasn't been one single month since 1985 globally that has averaged below the average and not one single year since 1976. As I keep saying snowdude as much as I would love to be living in a time of global cooling there's just no credible evidence to support that position. None whatsoever. Now if we started to get year after year after year of below average temps and months we wouldn't be having a discussion about global warming. The problem for you coolists is that we haven't had any years or months below average for a long time. That suggests warming not cooling. The evidence speaks for itself. And once again you can't claim the temperature record is inaccurate anymore snowdude. Not after the B.E.S.T. study funded by a skeptic organization and headed by a prominent skeptic at the time (skeptic no longer) found that the temperature record we rely on for 20th century to date trends is very accurate and that there is no warming bias. In fact if anything they found that the correction made in the data to account for things like the heat island effect actually put a slight negative bias on the temperature record. They also showed that the claims that readings from cities rather than regional stations were putting a warming bias to the record were not credible. They found by adding cities into the record they actually got a slight negative bias to the record. I know you don't care about real scientific evidence though. It's like creationists denying the science of evolution. It doesn't matter how much evidence you provide they'll never stop believing in their myths. And nor will you.

And can you please explain how this idea of getting hot before the cooling works exactly? What is the science (well the pseudo-science) behind that? What mechanisms and forcings are at work that would make it hotter before getting cooler?

Yes come on snowdude, get with it, here's further positive scientific proof of global warming :)

Snowdude-1.jpg

Haha. GN posted the same silly picture last year or the year before.

Yes they look the same but if you turn them around you will see scorch marks on the bum - further evidence of global warming :D

Still no sign of that cooling trend I'm afraid.

The combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for June 2013 tied with 2006 as the fifth highest on record , at 0.64°C (1.15°F) above the 20th century average of 15.5°C (59.9°F)

201306.gif

• 1 month later...
The average global temperature across the world's land and ocean surfaces for July 2013 was 0.61°C (1.10°F) above the 20th century average of 15.8°C (60.4°F), making this the sixth warmest July since records began in 1880. This marks the 341st consecutive month, since February 1985, that the global monthly temperature has been higher than the long-term average for its respective month. Nine of the ten warmest Julys on record have occurred since the beginning of the 21st century (July 1998 is currently the record warmest).

I know I'm just a 'warmist' but when you have 341 months in a row of above average global temps even the most die hard denialists have to start questioning their beliefs don't you think? But I guess since their beliefs aren't based on any science or anything approaching rational or logical thinking they will still live in their little bubble of denial. Bit like the flat Earthers out there.

201307.gif

201307.gif

Supposed to be the warmest start on record for spring here in oz over the next 2 weeks. On mountain temps of 10 degrees average!!!

(Could be a freak year)