Why do so many old people get so grumpy?

I see this with my parents. They are decently well off, in relatively decent health, but increasingly seem to revel in grumpy negativeness.

It makes me sad. And frustrated.

Note to self, please try to avoid that. It's not endearing.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ... you can turn upside down and do two things at once. Woo Hoo!

Now THAT'S a cavalcade of crap.

I have an inverter. and a double adaptor.

Are they British and do they read the Daily Mail or the Daily Express? If so, those publications spread nothing but resentment and bitterness, resentment and bitterness that you don't see in the Times or the Telegraph that take a broadly similar political position.

The future only points to raised retirement ages and fewer workers to support the growing numbers of old people. The next generation of oldies will probably have more right to be grumpy, assuming they're not too busy still working.

You summoned..... old and grumpy here. :grandpa: I prefer ornery to grumpy though.......ornery is grumpy with attitude.

Now THAT, I can use (permission to borrow, please?)

im getting grumpier. I can feel it enveloping me. Im at that point in my life where im starting to embody the stories in king for a day by faith no more... Which is a pretty grumpy album as far as the lyrics go, i should add.

Yes, avoid,

I try not to be grumpy but sometimes the old bones and muscles get sore and I get pretty grumpy.

But I am beyond caring what people think most of the time.

I think as you get older you get less tolerant and believe you have earn't the right to be whovever you wish to be and don't really give a shit what other people think of you

Speaking of grumpy...

For those of you in Japan seeking car insurance ..please,, please do yourselves a favour and stay far away from Axa. I won't go through the whole convoluted story but just don't use them. What a frickin nightmare we had yesterday trying to get my new truck insured.

Speaking of grumpy...

For those of you in Japan seeking car insurance ..please,, please do yourselves a favour and stay far away from Axa. I won't go through the whole convoluted story but just don't use them. What a frickin nightmare we had yesterday trying to get my new truck insured.

I don't believe you. You are having us on. You just want to drive us away from AXA. Please explain the reesentment and I'll consider. My car insurance is up for renewal, it's between AXA and AON, and they cost about the same. So I don't care either way.

Oh ya thursday....I have much to gain by bullshitting about the day we had dealing with Axa.

Some of the details then.

My new truck is a one number and most companies don't insure one number vehicles but Axa was OK with it. But, my truck was unique in that it came from the factory as an 8 number which is a camping vehicle. The previous owner because of cheaper taxes changed it to a 1 number and that was reflected on the registration papers. Starting at about 10 in the AM my wife contacted the nice AXA lady on the phone and initially she said they can register a 1 but not an 8. But, this is a 1 number my wife said so the AXA lady put my wife on hold to consult with her superior. 20 minutes later a new lady got on the phone and my wife went through the same thing from the start.

They said they'd call her back in a hour. So, a third lady called back an hour later and it all started again and insisted it was difficult to go from a 1 to an 8.....no idiots.....It's an 8 to a 1 which should be fine.

Remember that each time with each lady it starts from scratch with my wife having to read off all the details of the shaken-sho which takes about 10 minutes itself.

By now it's 5 oclock and I am standing at the car shop waiting for insurance. My wife's at home and gives up and has my car guy talk to another lady and it all starts again. And then they tell they need to talk with their superior and call me back. The superior gets on the phone and says, NO 1 to 8........ the car guys says.....IT'S 8 to 1 for christ's sake..(in Japanese) and the superior says,, in that case no problem.

I confirm that I have insurance to drive the truck home and he says YES...but, a rep will call to confirm a few details at home at 9 pm. So, 9 pm....a lady calls and says, "oh when would you like the insurance to start?? The earliest we can start is the next day at 4 pm.

WHAT??? I just drove an hour home with zero insurance?? Yes, she says. I demanded to talk to the superior but he wasn't around.

So, all told we talked to seven different AXA moron ladies and one dude....each time none of them had any clue of what the previous rep had said or done.

My wife was in tears of frustration and I was just exhausted.

So, Thursday...you just had an accident and it's ten pm on a rainy stormy night. Are you sure you want to put your hands in this fiasco of a company?? Go for it brotha.

BTW...this morning my wife called Sonpo Japan.....it was done in 15 minutes...no issues at all....AND 8000 yen cheaper than the AXA quote.

Believe it or not..T...