It's nearly time to say bye to the old SnowJapan

• SnowJapan Admin

...and welcome the brand new one.

Nearly! We are at last in the final stages of getting it ready to go. It has taken us a fair bit longer than we planned, and sorry for the delay, but at last we are nearly there.

But there's still time and thought it might be a good idea to invite people to perhaps take a look over the current site. It has been online in it's current form for quite a few years now... just so you're not just going off distant memories of it when inevitably comparing new with old.

You can find it here:

http://www.snowjapan.com

:friend:

• Like 1
  • SnowJapan Admin

I think I can speak for my colleagues too if I say we feel like we have been working on this forever. Started planning in summer 2011 and the last 6-8 months in particular has been full on never-ending. :doh:

• SnowJapan Admin

Funny you should say that, we were just talking about that last night. The general feeling is more one of just being tired, fed up and frustrated actually... rather than excitement.

:doh:

• SnowJapan Admin

Hopefully!

Actually, we are going to be very busy for 3-4 weeks after going online.

Once online, at first some parts of the new site are going to be slower than they will eventually be --- once online we will be implementing some database changes that should speed things up noticeably.

So it'll be a while yet.

Good luck with the switch-over, thats always the most nerve-racking part for me - throw the switch and hope it all works! Usually does, but just can't help wondering if there is one setting that I have overlooked.

Can't wait to see all your hard work.

• SnowJapan Admin

Learnt not to put a date on it!

But we have perhaps another day or two of checking and polishing to do.

After that we enter the process of moving the test site to it's proper location which should be fairly straightforward, and then testing.

Once we flick the switch there'll be that strange period of up to a day or so when some people will see the old site while others will see the new one.

As long as the testing goes reasonably smoothly, it should be within a few further days.

So probably 4 weeks then! ;)

There will need to be some 'Forums closed time' during the process.

Gambarimasu.

Hope all goes well with updates, really enjoying the site.

Bob looks like a very happy dog ( who said they dont smile / laugh), that photo is classic!