How would you like to live here?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The views would be spectacular - reminds me of scenes from an old time simulation game (and now I cannot recall the name of the damned thing - Grrr!).

What? So you can be sure they're far enough away!

If they were on the same piece of rock, would be too close! :lol:

There's a website I've checked out now and again, privateislandsonline. Check it out if you're bored. Some islands aren't actually all that expensive at all!

Some of those islands would be a tiny bit close to sea level for my taste - not a lot of freeboard even without the threat of sealevel rises. A decent swell would make some of them uncomfortable places to be, too.

The pic in the OP has none of these problems - plenty of height, above sealevel.

Located off the southern coast of Iceland, the island of Elliðaey (now colloquially known as “Björk’s island”) is uninhabited – save for some roaming cattle and nesting birds – and remote, only accessible by rope, boat, or helicopter. It's quite the artist's sanctuary.

Word on the Interwebs is that this house doesn't actually, in fact, belong to Icelandic singer-songwriter Björk. Apparently, the house is an exclusive hunting lodge for puffin hunters of the Elliðaey Hunting Association. Frankly, we weren't even aware that puffins were hunted, but there you have it. Either way, this house is awesome.

Lemme see

1. no mains water, catch your own on th roof and tank it

2. no lekky. Wind and backup diesel generator

3. no sewage disposal. Throw over cliff.

4. pirates and pillagers, indians wanting to gang rape

5. need own helicopter to buy groceries

No thanks.