• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of flat roofs in Kutchan. It's generally so you can build closer to your boundary. If you have a roof that sheds the snow you need room for it to shed and not encroach on your neighbours land (

Though its news is not new, you do get some good stuff in the Japan Times. I hope it can keep going in years to come.   Since most Japanese old houses sell at deep discounts to when they were new, i

By the common understanding, I don't think 2 by 4 is a "frame" house. 2 by 4 are used as studs that are sandwiched by plywood which acts as bracing to make structural, i.e, load bearing walls. Remove

For us this Saturday our house should be all complete.

I will take a look tomorrow.

Then next week the inspectors will check that the house has been built according to regulations and then it will be cleaned we then check ourselves next saturday together with our builder and house maker and if something has not been done as we asked then they put it right.

We need to then do the final contract signing pay a large sum of dosh and then we get the keys the week after around the 10th October.

From the housing association of inspectors.

They inspect the entire house to make sure that the structure is correct the outside walls electric system roofing etc.

Pretty much all essential areas that could affect the house if not done correctly.

I seriously doubt they inspect "the entire house".

Basically they give it the once over to see if its anything like the plans. In a finished house, pretty much all of the functional stuff is covered up. You can't how a wall has been braced, insulated, how the vapor barrier has been installed, etc. etc. from looking at some siding or some wallpaper. Same for the foundations, electrics, plumbing, etc. They're all hidden.

I think that they just ask compare what is said with the plans for the not able to see areas do a visual all around and check with the plans then put on their very nice Hanko mark and all is good.

Actually the houses are also inspected at individual stages. Once the frame was made it was inspected, once the outside external walls were covered with water proofing sheets they were inspected and then the plumbing and electrics were inspected, so we were told by our builder, although I was not there when they carried out these checks.

So I think the final one is like an inspection of the inspections all very official stuff but maybe no real meaning.

That is how I understand it to be from what we were told.

Looks good they were do the final bits last week. I will go and have a look again tomorrow inside should all be finished now.

I am bringing an outside sink that I bought that I want them to connect up plus this Saturday when we do the final check I will tell them were I want them to install an electric cable outside so I can connect mains to my shed once I build it.

Other than that should now be all finished.

I have booked the moving company they will be bringing boxes around this Wednesday then we can start packing some of our bits as we sort through everything something that I cant ask the moving company to do.

Does it seem to have taken a long time, or gone quickly?

Good luck with the final stages. Must be exciting seeing it all come together.

When I look back at the first planning stage last year to actually deciding to build a house to then making the house plan and then finally building it and now it is finished, it does feel like it was a long time ago when we first started and seems like ages since they first started to build the house, but in actually fact only about 4.5-5 months to do the actual building.

It is very exciting to actually see what we designed together with the designer actually take shape and become a house and just as we wanted, it is no longer just lines on a piece of paper.

In about three weeks from now we should be living in out new house.

Does it seem to have taken a long time, or gone quickly?

I was looking back over records. It was about 4 and a half months ago when they properly started work on ours, and we're in the final stages now. So about 5 months total.

In some respects seems a long time, and in others rather fast.

How long a period will the "move" take, snowdude?

Two days

Start 18th finish 19th afternoon/evening.

I am also borrowing a large truck to carry all my farming equipment/machines and green house frames and pipes.

As I am doing that myself it will take two days for the house otherwise looking at 3ー4 days.