We're going to take about 10 days for ours, with multiple goes.

A few cars and a friends truck will hopefully do the job.

There's going to be more going to the local garbage place than the new house, started on that big job last week.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of flat roofs in Kutchan. It's generally so you can build closer to your boundary. If you have a roof that sheds the snow you need room for it to shed and not encroach on your neighbours land (

Though its news is not new, you do get some good stuff in the Japan Times. I hope it can keep going in years to come.   Since most Japanese old houses sell at deep discounts to when they were new, i

By the common understanding, I don't think 2 by 4 is a "frame" house. 2 by 4 are used as studs that are sandwiched by plywood which acts as bracing to make structural, i.e, load bearing walls. Remove

Went to see our house and do a check of everything. We are very happy with it. We couldn't find any thing wrong at all, so happy about that. We did however when doing the planning asked them to put one socket where actually it will be covered by a cabinet, which we hadn't thought about, so they will add one more socket where it won't be covered, no charge for that either.

So looking forward to receiving the keys this coming Sunday and we will stay there Sunday/Monday and then move in properly the following weekend.

Ours is 4 payments

10% of original quote/costing at first

20%

30% when the roof was up

Remaining 50% plus all of the additions that have been added on when we get the keys and the job is done in a week or two!

For us around 20% of total cost when they started building.

Another 20% after the roof and walls went up.

The remaining we decided to do by loan and then pay it all off within ten years.

With interest loan rates so low at the moment we thought we would rather keep out money in the bank (not Japan) earning us intetest higher than we are paying for the loan.

Thanks DumbStick!

Enjoy that last one!

:lol:

Been preparing for that for a while now. Have to do it soon.

But the good part is that once that is gone, it's all ours and we don't owe anyone anything. I can start saving again! :dance:

A few bracket lights we have got in our house, very slim close up to the walls, exposed a few rather unsightly bumps in the wall/paper. The wallpaper we chose probably didn't help.

Didn't see it until the brackets showed them up.

I had been extremely happy with the wallpaper as well. Close to wall brackets are ruthless!

Happily they have agreed to re-do the offending areas to try and get it as close to perfect as possible for me.

We are going to get the keys to our house tomorrow and then stay there tomorrow night just one night and then move in properly the following weekend.

We got word back from our builder that they will lay stones down both sides of our house for free.

And they will concrete our drive way for a very reasonable price indeed.

Will discuss that tomorrow.

We will certainly have the stones layed and almost certainly the concrete as well as they can do it far cheaper than what I can.