• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah Christmas dinner packs me out too ????

from nozawa twitter:

Nasuki ☆ Nozawa Onsen Ski [/b] Nozawanaski[/font][/color]

Eggplant Good morning! New snow last night from the summit area of ​​40cm eggplant! Snowfall is 195cm eggplant!

EGGPLANT!!!

Long time reader, first time replier. Great forums. I love the information that snowjapanforums makes available. So useful! So I thought I would bite the bullet and actually post.

My wife, daughter and I will be making a run up to Hakuba today for the winter holidays. Seems like they have been getting tons of snow, so very exciting! These next few days will be awesome!! Looking forward to some skiing, onsens, and beers :cheers:

Hihi , welcome to the forums :)

On the train update (I've literally got nothing else to do)...

Its looking WAYYYYY snowier out there. Even sansai station just outside nagano has a few cms on it. If you're on the fence you're daft. Great day to be out by the looks of it :)

Its getting deeper the further we get out of nagano. And its seriously snowing out there right now. You're talking about 10cms out there right now, and were nowhere near the mountains :)

Honestly, just two days ago the whole journey from nagano to the stop before nozawa was pretty much snow free. I'll upload a pic after I do this. I can't link it into the forums alas because I can't figure out how to copy/paste on a tablet, but my God, its looking good

Now approaching iiyama, there's easy a foot out there. I have a feeling that the 40cms they mentioned on yamabiko is way conservative. Its absolutely a wall of snow right now out there. :D definitely this is pretty much the first proper dump of the season. (Well, for nozawa at least)

Honestly brilliant out there today. Mad love still for ushikubi. Still the most mayhem cluster**** of a run :)

Thigh deep all over, if it keeps up like it was, I'm pretty sure its going to hit a meter. There's no way in hell that was just 40cms out there. I reckon that was a bit of a conservative number. Proper ice cream headache temperatures as well. So long as the temps keep under zero for the next few days, there'll be fresh lines well into the weekend. The place is swimming right now :)

New thread time! I suggest one of the lads getting their turns this week (kokodoko or tubby) should be starting this one so they can get all in your face about how awesome their lives are.

Just as a forecast though, looks like sunday again is going to deliver. Friday should be alright with the top up due tonight and the low temps (and lack of crowds from midweek) so thats all good. Saturday might be a bit stickier and a bit more insane what with the holidays kicking into gear. Sundays getting a bit of rain early on, but will gradually turn to snow after the early morning. And by the night itll be puking making new years eve another epic one if youre out there. Provisional of course and based on the 6 day forecast. But if youre in nagano and can get the days off, its looking like tomorrow to thursday and sunday-monday are your best bets. Thankfully school is done as of friday, so earliest i can get there. Not the best, but it definitely beats waiting until saturday and the start of the real holiday crowds. I reckon friday, sunday, monday for me :)