• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

rumour mill in town has Hakuba Goryu opening on Saturday subject to getting staff in place

You big wuss!

I dont expect any rental shop will be open though. depending on foot size and board options though I could lend you something if you are truely game to try this. Where are you coming from?

I figured next weekend was gonna be shitty until i saw the weather reports. Sure, the snow is coming on saturday so it might be absolutely threadbare by then, but its a decent drop on saturday morning and afternoon by the looks of it, which might mean they even push open a bit more of he resort. Day 3 incoming! Hopefully ill get more than a couple of hours :)

rather decent looking top up all over right now. Thursday is the only real threat to it on the horizon before the weekend fall hits. Fingers crossed that more of the resort/resorts start opening up :)

camera2_121121113002.jpg

I've never seen this cam before. That's quite a good angle. I might have to give the local tourism people some credit for a change. :omg:

It'll all be white today and with snow that's a lot lighter than the heavy gack the last time. Just a few cm of that was enough to snap trees that hadn't dropped their leaves.

The cams are looking great, saturday is looking great, and just peeking through on monday night is another dump on the horizon. Im fair convinced that the season really begins next week*

*(unless theres a week long heat wave and peeing rain).

akakura.jpg

Myoko

live2.jpg

Yamabiko

livecam01.jpg

Madarao

mobotix_camera1.jpg

Kagura (it really feels like i was just there a month or two ago - hard to believe how fast its all come back from last season, ive barely had time to get my hype back on!).

cortina.jpg

Cortina

Basically its looking good is what i is trying to suggest. Maybe tomorrow will screw up a few of those places and pull the snow back a bit, but i cant see it doing somuch damage that the expected/anticipated dump on saturday and then hopefully monday doesnt really set us all off. :) Glass half full, fingers crossed, all my eggs in one basket and all that ;)

Heres a crap song from the 90s with the exact opposite sentiment of what im trying to get across but decontextualised to the title alone in order to wedge it into this here narrative...

• SnowJapan Admin

Kagura now let you ski/board down to the gondola so no shuttle bus now.

A few pics from Minamiuonuma this morning.

Maiko

gallery_4338_19_281318.jpg

Ishiuchi Maruyama

gallery_4338_19_238775.jpg

The legendary Mt Granview

gallery_4338_19_103779.jpg

if i was just picking the one day, id definitely go with the sunday. The chances are if it drops enough theyll open up a crap load more than we're seeing currently. Saturday will start off pretty much with what we have open now. And MAYBE they might throw in a lift or two as we get through the day (if the whole thing doesnt grind to a halt with pre season skeleton staff). But sunday theyll have had a bit of time to figure it all out. :) At least thats how im thinking. Also there muight be a decent cover in that area under the top rope to go play in.

Still, i reckon its going to be honestly after tuesday (when it stops snowing) when youll see the resort doors fly open.

ETA: Dammit, all that and you meant the weekend after. Dont be lame! this sunday is gonna be awesome! Itll be the last super secret day before the crowds start swarming the place :p