So it snowed a decent amount in Hakuba on Tuesday night, Wednesday and last night too. Seems like up to 30cm in some places down in the valley and up to 60+ up top!

Has anyone hiked up there for any early turns yet? How is it?

Thinking to dust off the beater stick and hike up there with a buddy this weekend if it doesn't get warm before then....

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

rumour mill in town has Hakuba Goryu opening on Saturday subject to getting staff in place

You big wuss!

I dont expect any rental shop will be open though. depending on foot size and board options though I could lend you something if you are truely game to try this. Where are you coming from?

This was in Off Topic so I have moved it over.

I'm not going to read it again, because I will be sat in front of a computer pushing keys all weekend. :(

Have fun.

All work and no play, makes Pete........you know the rest. :wave:

yesterday it was predicting 18cms of rain at the top of goryu and 1cm in the night. Its now been mad revised to 9cm rain, 4cms snow, and then another 3 cms through the night. Odds of a long weekend playing at the top of goryu have just shot up to about 25% id say (knowing nothing at all, but id assume theyd want a free weekend of business and the chance to say they opened in november).

Happo's FB page said they would be a good chance of opening for the long weekend.. Reckon some early turns will be a go..

Long range forecast (MeteoStar) is looking sweet for Sat 24th and Sun 25th, after some rain on the Friday.. Possibly another dump for the 30th/1st, looking like a good start :thumbsup:

Hmmm.... Do I really want to part with 2400 to ride that top lift?..... How much is a single ride up the gondola? I may consider riding/hiking/cross-country scrambling down to the bottom.

Or just hiking some other place...

Goryu and 47 both put stuff up about opening for the weekend Goryu gondola and the 47 lift to the top.

Is that line c you mean? I remember last time i caught the goryu early bird that was pretty much the available terrain. Nice run out in truth if a little icy. Beats yeti either way. :)

i could kuro neko the board and cycle there i guess :p

I would be inclined to recommend that you cycle that little bit extra to Otari and hike up from Tsugaike car park :thumbsup:

if you think im gonna cycle 60kms up and down mountains and THEN hike up another one, youre insane! :grandpa:

I would be inclined to recommend that you cycle that little bit extra to Otari and hike up from Tsugaike car park :thumbsup:

if you think im gonna cycle 60kms up and down mountains and THEN hike up another one, youre insane! :grandpa:

You big wuss!

• Like 1