How much is your monthly keitai bill?

No that cost is not going to go away.

Come on Mick, it's just 2100 yen! I can see why people would consider if it were up there much more but 2100 yen is just a meal. Small price to keep my number, for me anyway.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 16GB and 32GB were the same price so I was figuring I may as well get the bigger one even though I'm unlikely to use that much memory!

If I did change carriers I would pay the money to keep my number as so many people know m

y number and I have been using the same number for my business for years now changing is not an option for me.

Everyone is different and for those that hardly give their number out to anyone maybe changing the number is worth it.

The latter includes me but yes, I am a bit of a tight-arse when it comes to things like this! :D Plus if I didn't have MNP then I could celebrate the purchase of a shiny new iPhone 4S by going out for a meal with the afore-mentioned 2,100Yen or buy 20 tuna-mayo onigiri or better still, put it towards the cost of a protective cover for my shiny, new toy! :thumbsup: Excuse me while I go and count my pennies!

:lol:

It doesn't need one, basically. I suppose it might if you are a construction worker or mis-treat your gear. But after 12 months my iphone (and ipad) both have no scratches.

Don't need + why cover up something so beautiful = don't use!

:)

iPhone-purchasing update:- I went to a large Kojima this afternoon and discovered that irrespective of the 2,100Yen MNP fee, there's a "Subscription Processing Fee" of 3,150Yen that I think has to be paid by everyone starting a new contract. :sadface:

Back to the MNP fee, this isn't necessary if you don't want to keep your number but many of the norikae deals seem to require it. So it looks as though I'll have to pay 5,250Yen (2,100 to Softbank and 3,150 to au) to switch networks. However, Kojima is currently offering 5,000Yen worth of JCB vouchers and a 2,000Yen Kojima voucher to new au customers, which would wipe out those fees! That campaign ends tomorrow so this could be my last night without an iPhone!! ;)

As for the phone itself, I can get a 16GB 4S for 4,900Yen/month (Plan Z + internet) or a 32GB for another 430Yen/month. So I think I'm going to go for a 32GB for a total monthly bill of 5,330Yen. Well that's the plan though I'll probably have changed my mind by the morning! :D

I first covered my ipad with an all over cover thing, but more and more realised that I didn't need it.

As I said not a scratch on either that or my iphone.

I take care of it of course but basically it is doesn't scratch like the cheap plastic that many phones are made of.

Don't need a condom, don't use it......

Another difference I suppose.

I've finally done it! For the princely sum of 5,720Yen/month over the next 2 years, I'm now the proud owner of a 32GB iPhone 4S. Thanks for all the advice along the way guys! :thumbsup: Now I just have to work out how to use the bloody thing!! :D

I've finally done it! For the princely sum of 5,720Yen/month over the next 2 years, I'm now the proud owner of a 32GB iPhone 4S. Thanks for all the advice along the way guys! :thumbsup: Now I just have to work out how to use the bloody thing!! :D

thats the same one I have....same deal as well

Getting used to it now Mick?

You'll be wanting to upgrade to iPhone 5 tomorrow!

Slowly but surely thanks! :thumbsup: Am having fun and games with the whole touchscreen thing but have been too busy at work to have a proper play with it yet, so have been restricting my ham-fisted efforts to sending sms/texts and surfing the net. I love being able to go online wherever though, so I'm glad I went for the unlimited internet package! :D

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know anyone on Y! Mobile? They sound a fair bit cheaper than smartphones on other carriers. You get 300 free calls a month as well.

I don't know what the conditions are, but online you can get a Nexus 5 for free on the "switch carriers, keep you number" thing (MNP).

If I can do it for 4-5000 a month, I might get one.

When I changed my smartphone the other week I changed my plan to a shabaly houdai plan.

With internet and unlimited talking my bill is around 7000 a month.

You can call landlines or any of the mobile carriers and can speak all day if you want and will not cost a yen more than the fixed monthly payment.

That is with au in case anyone is interested or didnt know.

To get that proce I went for the 2GB packet for the internet, as I dont exceed 2GB a month. Any heavy internet stuff I do over my home wifi.

I've been thinking of making a switch sometime. The iphone 5 I have now is really nothing much more than a phone and the once in a while internet surf. I never seem to use the apps much so really any phone that is connected will do.