I don't know about elsewhere but it was a scorcher in Tokyo today!!! :omg:

A bit cooler out there now but this afternoon definitely still felt like the Japanese summer we know and love!!!

I'm going to put my forecasting reputation on the line by going out on a limb like this but....

I am quite confident that it will cool down in the next month or two. Hold on guys and gals!

Are moths a sign of cooling down, because **** me! i just saw like 10,000,000 of the things whilst i was riding back home from work. I mean so many moths that it looked like it was a blizzard. Not just in one place, but for a stretch of about 5km. Just millions of these white moths. Utterly bananas it was.

jesus, you should have seen it. It was like a white out. I assume they are off to warmer climes or something, which im going to suggest is CONCLUSIVE MASSIVE PROOF tht we're cooling (though the science might be spotty on the whole initial premiss bit).

Interesting that, where are you? Their has been a lack of moths here this year unlie the previous 2 years! Amoung otherthings lots of moths especially in Aug is a good sign of a cold winter ahead, but sadly lacking unless just late this year,other things are late this year too at least in this area which is why I will make an update later.

One thing that has started on time if not a little early is the leaves changing colour and falling off.Already the mountains around here are starting to change colour.