• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While shopping for a new jacket I ended up getting a board, bindings, goggles, pants and jacket... now I have to try and hide the credit card bill from my wife because the world didn't end today like

The bag inspires an old joke to come to mind   Princess Diana and Dolly Parton had both died on the same night. When they reached the gates of Heaven they were greeted by St. Peter.St. Peter said "E

New skis & bindings awaiting xmas pickup & testing in Rockies first week of January.

Yeah spark burners with mr chomps crampons. Ive already split my neversummer sl but i wont be bringing that to japan. I will build a split

Could you write a report when you do it please? Would be interested to see how it goes.

What sort of Sorel's are you looking at getting?

Looking at getting some Caribou's, i didnt realise there are so many different types... Last year i froze my toes off wearing my cons all stars (was a smart move by me).

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Let me start off by stating, I've done skiiing and snowboarding for 15 years and have lots of toys. None-the-less-, I've bought more. Just this season I've purchased:

Dakine Titan Gloves

Burton TWC Black Diamond pants

Elan 125 ski-blades

Summit Marauder 125 ski-board

Summit Custom 110 ski-board and..

lots and lots of passes, Hakuba 47, Hakuba Cortina, Shiga Kogen, Joestsu Kokusai, Pine Ride Kandatsu, and Myoko.

Looking at getting some Caribou's, i didnt realise there are so many different types... Last year i froze my toes off wearing my cons all stars (was a smart move by me).

Any suggestions?

Clearly born in the 80s or early 90s! Exactly what my cubs would do.

"Yeah nah Mum, my feet don't get cold the converse will be Kewl"

Nek minnit

"hey, why are my toes black"

Find below evidence of poor decision making on footwear.

And these were the sensible snow REPLACEMENT for the leaky converse that made his toes cold.....

184464_4687211392026_1320752642_n.jpg

And yes. He is a snowboarder. Who has come out of the closet and is coveting those skis.

I think I'll buy him a Never Summer Raptor instead....

This year has been about safety.

Dakine Heli Pack filled with the gear listed in the thread below plus some caribiners, pulley, 7mm x10m rope, tape.

http://www.snowjapan...your-back-pack/

Mammot Pulse Beacon

Arc'teryx Modon Jacket in bright red

120 dB whilstle

Other

Googles with a vid camera

Heaps of stuffed little Koalas to hand to cute lifties and J-babes on the lifts :)

Any suggestions?

Clearly born in the 80s or early 90s! Exactly what my cubs would do.

"Yeah nah Mum, my feet don't get cold the converse will be Kewl"

Nek minnit

"hey, why are my toes black"

Find below evidence of poor decision making on footwear.

And these were the sensible snow REPLACEMENT for the leaky converse that made his toes cold.....

184464_4687211392026_1320752642_n.jpg

And yes. He is a snowboarder. Who has come out of the closet and is coveting those skis.

I think I'll buy him a Never Summer Raptor instead....

I saw those skis in Rusutsu and thought they were pretty sexy

Prolly belongs in the face tattoo thread (even though it's not his face)

Acquired in Hokkaido from some Japanese tattooist whom he believed had Yukaza connections. Painful and lots of blood I believe.

484906_10150740943051285_403478021_n.jpg

Sorels are big, but they aren't heavy Pete. Get them for half the Japan price at US Amazon.

I suspect they might last me longer than five pairs of Japanese cheapo wellies would, though it might be the garden that wrecks them, not the winter.

• 2 weeks later...

Need to pick up some new things:

Snowboard trousers (dirty great big hole in the crotch)

Snowboard bag (dirty great big hole in the base)

Snowboard rucksack (wife broke the plastic spine support!)