Anyone else having a traditionally Japanese obon holiday this coming week?

Going to spend the time with my g/f family so kind of looking forward to it. Though not sure it will involve any more than resting and eating and drinking!

Well Obon for me is super busy, well the run up to it is, because for two days im making hundreds of flower bunches for Obon. In fact just finished putting he last of them in the shops this mornin. They go crazy for buying flowers to put on their ancestors graves, so much so that some at my local chokubaichou were fighting over he flowers.

Basically obon is a celebration for dead ancestors and people decorate the home shrine and also put flowers on the grave as well as placing aubergines on sticks along with other vegetables.

My wife doesn't bother although it is a big thing here.

spent most of Obon at the beach.....was mobbed with drunken, tattooed crazy Japanese guys acting the fool. Yesterday saw some poor dude die (well the ambulance took him away but they were still pounding on his chest after about 10 minutes) at the waterfront......not sure if he was in the water or just convulsing on the beach. Another drunken fool fell off of the beach bars and was knocked out cold.....its deffo silly season in Shonan