2012/13 Who, When, Where? - A Definitive J-List - V2

Holy shit! this is finally some news! When you come to nagano kokodoko? You always got a place to kip here, chief1

1. sp long as its not a school night :)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I have began to cruise through previous threads and started to gather details on who's going where for the 2012/13 season. I figure it would be easier for folks to hook up with other SJ'ers (if th

Nor-Cal: watch out for the Moghuls!

Hi byhart welcome to the forums. I am very jealous of your itinerarary - sounds great. You will have no problem meeting up with fellow forum shredders in Hakuba - the hakuba crew list at the start of

I will be in hokkaido from jan 21 till march 3. No fixed address.

Just thought i would mention that you can get a Spring pass for Furano that starts from Feb 1. I think it costs roughly 3man. fyi.

As for me I am going to Niseko this year from 22nd December to 16th March.

See you there.

:bestsnow:

Yeah no worries! If you want to hook up for some turns let me know.

Me and a few more birds will be going to Myoko and perhaps a little further over 10 days in late January.

Details not sorted yet just the Myoko and dates bit.

Adjusted to take in Nozawa as well.

:)

List updated today lots of new ones - See it on page 1 - The quickest way to get there is to go to the top of this page and click the << arrow just under my avatar

Hope you can use this to hook up and have a slide and a beer with fellow SJ'ers.

Don't forget to post your dates when you have them.

Yeah, it would be great to meet up with a fellow SJ'er for a ski, just the missus and I going, she's fairly beginner so i might be laying a few tracks on my own at times.

oh. I'm down on the first page for niseko as FamiliaGTX (I changed my SJ name to something that wasn't a car I had 4-5 years ago)

I'm based just outside Sapporo and will get the K Winter Pass again this year.

Teine is my regular haunt, with occasional trips to Rusutsu/Niseko, and also up to Kamui and Ashidake/Kurodake.

What is the k winter pass? I am going to all those spots you mentioned.

Its a season pass covering 5 ski jos; Teine, Nakayama Touge, Rusutsu, Sahoro and Mt Racey. Not super cheap at 7 man, but works out at good value if you're riding all season. Nakayama generally opens mid Nov and both Nakayama and Teine close at the end of Golden Week, snow permitting.

Info here in Japanese, but you can stick it through an online translator and get the gist of it.

http://www.kamori.co.jp/kwp/

I just paid for my K winter pass, cost me AU$957.15

If I ride every day it works out to AU$24 a day or JPY1750

The cutoff date is november 10

I cant wait lol. I seen some footage of my racey side country which looked fantastic, Im also keen to check out the top section of teine. Can you get out to the side of the "north wall" run? It looks like it would be nice tree riding out there.

Can you get out to the side of the "north wall" run? It looks like it would be nice tree riding out there.

Ohhhh yes. Skiers left along that ridge you can go as far as you like. Bowl after bowl. You're only limited by how much of a traverse you can handle to cut back to the chair.

Give me a shout if you're planning to hit Teine at a weekend. Chances are I'll be up there.

Can you get out to the side of the "north wall" run? It looks like it would be nice tree riding out there.

Ohhhh yes. Skiers left along that ridge you can go as far as you like. Bowl after bowl. You're only limited by how much of a traverse you can handle to cut back to the chair.

Give me a shout if you're planning to hit Teine at a weekend. Chances are I'll be up there.

Sounds good man. Ill definately let you know if im there on a weekend. Im not scared to get off the beaten track either ;-)

I've decided to take a trip up to Zao this year for perhaps 3 nights.

The monsters seems to be their best in mid February and sometimes quickly deteriorate late Feb / early March.

So perhaps thats the best time. Weekday of course.

well I got my annual leave approved today, looks like we will be Dec 31/Jan 1 in Sapporo, then till the 10th in Rusutsu. Not quite confirmed yet, but getting closer.

are you going to niseko ? or Where are you going to ski in sapporo? Teine sounds good.

ill be based in Niseko for the whole season, dec -> end of march

be great to meet up with some SJ'ers

Me too. see you there.

Not too sure on details yet kokodoko, thinking of just checking Sapporo out before we head out to Rusutsu, but maybe a day at Teine would be good. Not too sure, but maybe a day trip to Niseko from Rusutsu is on the cards, I think I owe you a beer still :cheers: