The 2012 Southern Hemisphere Winter Thread - Oz, En-Zed, South America

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the rusutsu footage took me by surprise.

Could only watch half of it before my connection crashed but yeah, loved the footage from Japan! :thumbsup: Was also happy to see that CK was a BMXer before a boarder!! :D & it never ceases to amaze me what those guys could do bitd on the gear that was available then!! Will try to watch the 2nd half later.

As for your vids gozaimaas, apart from the amusing stack in the first one, that run in the 3 vid looked interesting - open and rocky at the beginning then off into the trees - nice! :happyshades:

Alert...proud mother moment...

Bearcub #2 passed his ski instructors exam in Thredbo today.

He is now a ski and snowboard instructor.

Wooohooo!!!!

Next step - confirmation of a Northern Hemi winter job. He interviewed well, so it is just wait and see now...

Good job #2!! :thumbsup:

Finally got round to watching the 2nd half of that Craig Kelly docu this morning. What a great story - definitely up there with Riding Giants and Dogtown & the Z-Boys for a decent take on the sports that many of us love. & made all the more poignant by the loss of Tom Sims this week. Thanks for posting it gozaimaas! :thumbsup:

Back to the OP, I've a friend visiting Patagonia at the moment who's had to abandon his planned tour of the Argentinian resorts due to lack of snow!! He's doesn't have the time to head up to the Chilean resorts, which seem to be getting more of the white stuff, so is consoling himself with Argentinian wine, women and song - which I guess is not a bad Plan B! :D

Bit too far out to tell yet, have a week of visiting friends and family before we can get to the slopes, but it looks like it should be blue skies and light winds for the first day we are there, so fingers crossed.

Just to clarify it's not my vid and I'm not in it. If I'm not working I'm looking after my daughter at the moment so no time away for skiing unfortunately. Might get a little time off for a trip to Japan next year though ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice vid I love the wide open spaces I would have had a snowmobile though as it looks like it may have involved a bit of walking.

Are they allowed up there? (snow mobiles)

seemore

Nice vid I love the wide open spaces I would have had a snowmobile though as it looks like it may have involved a bit of walking.

Are they allowed up there? (snow mobiles)

seemore

Thankfully not!!