The 2012 Southern Hemisphere Winter Thread - Oz, En-Zed, South America

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had an overnighter in Canberra, and am back on snow today with some friends who are new to the snow.

Tomorrow the skis come out.

NNNnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!! Don't do it MB. :omg: Certainly don't let anyone see you or take photos.

Well...my Southern Hemisphere season is over.

Back in Perth.

On the last day (yesterday) however I thought I was back in Niseko!!! Huge fat flakes falling gently but heavily like a snow curtain.

My path from house entry to car was 'interesting' - a challenge - I enjoyed getting multiple suitcases to the cars (I seemed to have injured most of my friends by throwing them on skis, so I had to do the heavy lifting)

284438_4108800652119_1986574668_n.jpg

And this kind of fluffiness was at the BASE of Thredbo, normally in an area that is gravel.

205932_4108794011953_1423895165_n.jpg

I can tick off having driven on snow now!!

I can tick off beginner skiing (got the hang of stem christies by the time I decided the lure of the board and freshies was too much).

Thredbo has had the best season I have ever known....not hard because I am only a 6 year veteran. However the word out there is this season rates up there as one of THE best in living memory.

Le BearCub is still there, begins his exams tomorrow.

I took photos of others, not a lot of photos were taken of me...

I think this is the closest thing to an action shot anyone took of me...holding skis, mouth open as usual

561465_4625559004761_1296393619_n.jpg

And this is the closest thing to an action selfie that I took...

553921_4104278539069_1363845505_n.jpg

Sorry guys... Concentrating too hard on weighting the downhill foot, using the inside edge, and not hitting anyone to Go Pro the experience ;)

All snowboarders should watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWLqZ-dz_4w&feature=related

Link isn't working for me (on iPad) ... What's it about?

the birth of snowboarding and follows the life of craig kelly, very very interesting.

Cheers Gozaimaas

Interesting and some great Rusutsu footage.

Money doesn't buy happines

Seemore

Alert...proud mother moment...

Bearcub #2 passed his ski instructors exam in Thredbo today.

He is now a ski and snowboard instructor.

Wooohooo!!!!

Next step - confirmation of a Northern Hemi winter job. He interviewed well, so it is just wait and see now...