• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

Here is a bigger picture of it I found -The whole area looks fascinating

Thanks for bringing it to our attention Saitaman. Can anyone tell me the names of the Skijo's in the pic?

200802%2F27%2F11%2Fe0142611_1136367.jpg

Hachimantai Resort in the foreground, Hachimantai Shimokura in the background.

At the risk of offending any delicate sensibilities: Resort is pretty boring, Shimokura is a terrific area that skis way bigger than it looks.

Lift pass on the sleeve is too small to make anything out, and no detail I'm clever enough to make out on lift seats or supports. Can't see any trails or other liftlines...possible building in center, just below the support arm-seat connection, but too fuzzy to tell.

Is there a place named Mt Slouch? :lol:

Looks like a muika photo to me... Rather than slog through the eleventy-million photos he has uploaded, I'll consider, where was that photo taken from? Looks like it might be from some lift parallel to a quad lift. Which makes me think, what is the name of that Yuzawa-area skijo with a gondola running parallel to a chair lift? Centleisure Maiko?

Well done MO!

While there isn't a quad and gondola so close to get that shot, it is Centleisure Maiko from the side of the top quad lift looking over.

The line of the mountain road connecting Yuzawa with Shiozawa can be seen in the background (Yuzawa on the right, Shiozawa on the left).