• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

A new picture to focus your energy on

gallery_12115_186_39401.jpg

It kind of reminds me of Higashitateyama at Shiga Kogen, though the Gondola doesn't look enough like an egg.... (?)

I can just see Metabo Oyaji plotting and planning his Guess Where This Is's weeks (nay, months) in advance, waiting to pounce and confuse us all once he wins one. Very interesting, MO.

:thumbsup:

:lol: I don't actually plot them out in advance, of course, since there is no way to know at which point someone will guess correctly. (And I'm not about to spend time building up a collection of hints that may not be needed.) Usually just post somewhere picked more or less at random and then periodically, as needed, go hunting for something nearby to use as a hint. End up learning a lot myself in the process. Fun!

A new picture to focus your energy on

gallery_12115_186_39401.jpg

It kind of reminds me of Higashitateyama at Shiga Kogen, though the Gondola doesn't look enough like an egg.... (?)

Is that a gondola? Looks more like a covered quad to me.

I can just see Metabo Oyaji plotting and planning his Guess Where This Is's weeks (nay, months) in advance, waiting to pounce and confuse us all once he wins one. Very interesting, MO.

:lol: I don't actually plot them out in advance, of course, since there is no way to know at which point someone will guess correctly. (And I'm not about to spend time building up a collection of hints that may not be needed.) Usually just post somewhere picked more or less at random and then periodically, as needed, go hunting for something nearby to use as a hint. End up learning a lot myself in the process. Fun!

I prefer Pie Eaters version, although I actually though you spent your weekends travelling around Japan, taking photos exclusivly for this thread. :-)

Don't spoil the dream, Metabo Oyaji!

:friend:

Manza Onsen?

(Not using the latest clue.)

Ah, but it might fit anyway.

"She wore a raspberry beret" -- Prince.

Manza Onsen is a Prince Resort...

?

Correct it is Manza Onsen, photo taken from a youtube clip.

I think the photo is from the bottom of Trail No 4.

Onsen picture from a Japanese Onsen site

And yes, "She wore a raspberry beret" my favorite Prince song

• Like 1