• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's strange.

As much as I love the idea of getting out and sliding down some snow in May, it just never seems to happen when it gets here and temps are hitting late 20's and I'm sweating. You'd think it would make me gasping for it, but it has the opposite effect.

:confused:

It seems im suffering with a similar disorder. Wanted to go the past weekend, friday night after near constant drizzly rain all day in nice temperatures decided not to go. Saturday PM and trundled out of my house into the first day of summer and felt good about my decision. I reckon try as i might, the seasons pretty much at its end for me. No amount of good will beats the idea that i managed to save 40,000 yen off this months 120,000 yen pay cheque by not riding once this month... woot! its all going into starting the season super freaking early next year... there will be yeti... oh yes, there will be.

Actually, there wont be :p

That all being said though, should the urge strike me, still want updates for late season riding :D

I see that Kagura expecting 37,000 people over Golden Week.

37,000!!! :veryshocked:

It seems im suffering with a similar disorder. Wanted to go the past weekend, friday night after near constant drizzly rain all day in nice temperatures decided not to go. Saturday PM and trundled out of my house into the first day of summer and felt good about my decision. I reckon try as i might, the seasons pretty much at its end for me. No amount of good will beats the idea that i managed to save 40,000 yen off this months 120,000 yen pay cheque by not riding once this month... woot! its all going into starting the season super freaking early next year...

.....or buying a 'zerker!!! ;)

D Day theretoday but Labour Day holiday in Oz tomorrow - Yes labour day holiday - bit of an oxymoron that

<cough> third time lucky...

2 questions...

1. Were i to go to kagura tomorrow, is the bus still running? I assume so because people live there and all that... but you never know.

2. were i to stay at the onsen place by gala, is the shuttle between gala and yuzawa station still going now that gala is shut down?

Boards hot waxed, already been to the gym, just need to shower, scrape and pack... timing is looking good ... im not saying its gonna happen, but i havent left it to the last minute this time so theres a chance... a slim chance, but a chance is a chance!

muika, you hero. Its on. Board is now scraped, showers happened, so its time to pack, then sit back with a G+T and watch some classic DS9 until bedtime. :)

i think ive already taken too many kagura pics... tell you what though, ill upload my nozzie ones from the end of march. :)

itll happen. But when it does know that ive sacrificed my new found japanese benkyoing and am back on the internet at school when ive got no classes. :) Itll be a bit of a mixed blessing :p

Onto more pressing matters (but not too extensive since theres only about ten minutes to my shink (im at the tourist office in yuzawa)...

1. Got to demo the 2013 highlife. Cant really say much about it since it wasnt exactly the best conditions to be riding it. Felt like the zerker, but the shitty wax job didnt help matters (way sticky base - my scope was way faster when i switched to it in the afternoon).

Some impressions:

Big noticeable thing is the pop walls. Theyre REALLY poppy. The board has a bit mroe bite than the zerker for bouncing around off things. The base also looks gorgeous. Its a bit slower edge to edge than the zerker... what else? really damp. Didnt notice this again until i switched to the scope and suddenly felt EVERY bump through my feet like it all became hardpack. Good board, terrible conditions though so no real way to give it a fair shout... especially since its really all about that new nose. If theres one thing that was odd, it felt actually a little stiffer than the zerker and maybe a little less fun when its not in its perfect element. What im suggesting is that contra what i thought, it might actually be less of an all rounder than the zerker.

Second thing to note is that kagura was a fair bit of fun. Its really nice seeing it all green and seeing all the traikls to it. Also everyone was having a blast and the queues werent that bad isnce they opened up all three of the lifts around the kagura area (very top lift is shut of course). Fun day in the proper sunshine. Ill say more and throw up some pics, but best go catch my train...

158. Honestly, was alright, but im going off the idea of a highlife over the zerker. The zerker just kept blowing me away with just how kill it all it was, whereas this board feels like a good solid decent medium to stiff board, but with a few little extras to it that give it a bit more diversity. If i didnt have a charlie, id probably pick it up over the zerker (take 2 boards into the resort, not any more! i just strap in my highlife and go!). Instead il just pick up a 2012 zerker for mid season non pow days, the charlie for jan/feb dumps and the scope for when i cant be bothered. Riot is out unless i hit around 65kgs before next season - currently sitting at 78 - 5kgs heavier than this time last year :( - oops).

Also, i just really love riding my scope in truth. Got on it and even though you feel every bump through it, it just feels way more fun to just dick around and spin about on it. Got a few yard sales on the highlife when i was trying the same shit that probably darkened my mood a little on it. Basically the berzerker still sits at the top of my OMG! list. Until i see the highlife in powder and with a decent unsticky base, the jurys out.

Yeah, I bet it's a ball in the deep stuff. I need to get myself on one next season!! :thumbsup:

Pics plz.

I hope you're talking about Kagura or the Highlife he tested rather than photographic evidence of the 5kg weight increase!! :omg:

Yeah, I bet it's a ball in the deep stuff. I need to get myself on one next season!! :thumbsup:

Pics plz.

I hope you're talking about Kagura or the Highlife he tested rather than photographic evidence of the 5kg weight increase!! :omg:

But of course, I don't need to hear of others' weight increases. Have enough of my own to keep me entertained.

I've already declared EOS (End Of Season) for myself, so can only live for vicarious thrills at this point.