Big step. Been long in the planning?

Been long in the thinking...but no planning. Wife wants to go in the worst way and the JHS's here in Ito are complete shit. My kid's in the fourth grade so we have some time but have to make a decision sometime in the next few years.

He's been pretty quiet as of late, hey? Meh...f*** it .... we're all dying of something. Booze kills your liver, carbs give you fatty blood, North Korea is shooting off their wad........ Too much shait to worry about. :lol:

Been long in the thinking...but no planning. Wife wants to go in the worst way and the JHS's here in Ito are complete shit. My kid's in the fourth grade so we have some time but have to make a decision sometime in the next few years.

You're close to Katoh Gakuen, aren't you? They seem to be well-regarded. Don't know how expensive they are, though.

You're close to Katoh Gakuen, aren't you? They seem to be well-regarded. Don't know how expensive they are, though.

Mmmm.....not really....about an hour and a bit away. Gyoshu is an option, too. But unfortunately my name isn't Rockefeller. They are expensive!!

Katoh is pretty much in my back yard... the admission fee is 155,000¥ and the monthly fee for the bilingual program is 79,100¥, regular program is 49,100. (plus all the other goodies like school uniforms, class trips, etc, etc...)

Kosha/shiga kogen i reckon for either that first week off in january or that last week off in march. I wanna go large and spend more than just a weekend on those two just taking it in and soaking up the atmosphere of them. Dunno if ill still be living in saitama or if ill move back to nagano by then.

Assuming im still here (and the school im in right now is stunningly nice by the way - the kids are just really damn cheerful which puts spanners in my plans by giving me actual job satisfaction...) ill probably just keep hitting up nagano/kagura but hopefully with people this time on weekends. I might try and wriggle a trip to niseko in one of the school holidays, but cometh the day, cometh the cheapskate who wont pay 30k to fly tokyo to sapporo in a bazillion years! Basically more of the same. I might try and hit up tenjindaira, but was a little disheartened chatting to a dude in the gondola at kagura who explained to me that the really good shit is a 2-3 hour hike outside of tenjindaira and off to another mountain beginning with T. :)

yeah I'd lov to get a guide at Tenjin and have a good look around. The resort itself is tiny and pretty crap, slowest ropeway in the universe means that even the ungnarliest of riders are lording it over you on the way up. Want to explore more of Kagura (which I thought I knew well), but that last time with Sand made me rethink my kagura knowledge

We are looking at flights for a week or so at new years, just have to decide on a resort now. Really would like to go back to Rusutsu, but flights to Sapporo from Perth are either painful or expensive, or both. Any suggestions for somewhere that we can access out of Tokyo? At the moment, am looking at maybe Myoko or Nozawa. We are both intermediate to advanced snowboarders, I am looking for somewhere with a good variety of terrain, would like to get into the trees as much as I can, the other half is happy to come into the trees but also likes nice steep groomers. As far as village / accomodation, as long as there is a few different places to eat we will be fine, does not have to have a huge night life as we will be there to ride. Does anyone have any suggestions?