• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always Gassan.

I'd completely forgotten about Gassan!!! That was the reason I originally joined SJF!!! I was living in Korea at the time and was planning a summer recce of Japan to see if I liked it and could get a job here. Also thought I'd get in some late season action so asked for some info on here but never made it up there in the end!! Forget GALA, let's Gassan!!! :groovy: We could have a late season SJ get-together when MiJ's better!!! I'd definitely be up for this!!! :thumbsup:

What happened on Friday night?????

Had a few too many beers, fell over onto my bad shoulder, put it out, put it back in again, but had problems with it all day Saturday / Sunday, and mobility isn't feeling great.

Concrete isn't as soft as snow. ;)

That's not good is it.

Quick recovery.

Was it a doctors trip?

Wasnt any need as I knew what I had done as it has happened before, usually in the summer down at Enoshima though or in Fujisawa usually.

Ho hum, these things happen.

Balls, no they dont. Actually pissed off at myself about it as did not get out enough this season.

well hanging out at the mens toilets on enoshima can be a dangerous thing for such a timid person.........or so I've heard :shifty:

:D

Well, not much to report from this part of Niigata this last few days.

Just cloudy and mild conditions.

4 degrees here now.

Rain/sleet due later in town, snow higher up.

I think we might go to Niigata city tomorrow, do some shopping, look at sexy lenses.

Taking the weekend off to do nothing.

Had a good time in Nozawa but since then struggling to catch up.

The outlook doesn't particularly appeal.

Do hope to get out a bit in spring but not this weekend.

oooh, i just saw the OP. Ooops, hakuba is NEXT weekend it seems. This weekend its myoko just because.

Ill probably decide literally on the day, but either 2 days in akakan or saturday in suginohara and sunday at akakan?

Im going with a burgeoning intermediate (can carve, is starting to ride with speed, hasnt yet popped into any trees or anything like that and a little uncomfortable blasting steeps. But absolutely fearless) getting his first turns of the season.

So trying to decide whether hed get more of a kick out of two days getting his teeth into the one resort, or would prefer to be blown away by the awesomeness of suginohara (though its going to be low vis i assume).

ETA: just looked at the weather and it seems that sunday on suginohara will be pretty clear :)

Thinking of taking Monday and Tuesday off and getting up to Nagano. Forcast is looking better for Mon. than the weekend.

I might be there on Tuesday and Wednesday (and Thursday if things are looking good). We might finally have a chance to ski/board together! (btw, guess the waves are good at usami today, i keep getting emails from my surfing buddies to get down there :) )

We were planning on making a day trip to Madarao on the 11th because we were there last year when the earthquake hit. Unfortunately, it seems that other obligations are getting in the way of that. We'll have to go a little later in March I guess.

Thinking of taking Monday and Tuesday off and getting up to Nagano. Forcast is looking better for Mon. than the weekend.

I might be there on Tuesday and Wednesday (and Thursday if things are looking good). We might finally have a chance to ski/board together! (btw, guess the waves are good at usami today, i keep getting emails from my surfing buddies to get down there :) )

We were planning on making a day trip to Madarao on the 11th because we were there last year when the earthquake hit. Unfortunately, it seems that other obligations are getting in the way of that. We'll have to go a little later in March I guess.

Cool BM, let me know where you are going to be.... I'll go up early Sunday am.

There has been some good constant small swell over the past few days. This morning looked OK as well. My cold water gear is all too ratty and my short sleeve jacket is pretty chilly. Grungy-Gonads would not be impressed.....I'm hardly even the least bit knarly these day.

Anyone know how spring snowboarding/skiing is here? I wanted to try to get out once or twice during warmer weather...ride the mountain in a shirt & snow pants, lol. Thought it would be cool to get out during spring. No pow but you can throw around the slush! lol

Hakuba 47 saying 20cm I see.

Of course it is. I'm working this weekend, lol! (only b/c when I go next weekend there may be none, haha)

About 5-10 cm around the higher elevations in Yamanashi!

I am planning on going to Kusatsu in Gunma next weekend so I am sure it will be like the tropics and raining knowing my luck!

Was going to go skiing tomorrow, but got some work come in so got to give tomorrow a miss,shame as there is new snow to play in.

A few things from this weekend.

1. The dude im with is fearless. About day 10 for him in his LIFE and hes pushing himself in trees and under the lifts at akakan.

2. Today was super slushy. Gorgeous bluebird though.

3. The hotel lucky dip at akakan is a freaking bargain. 5700 yen and you get a lift pass, accommodation, breakfast, dinner, and even a drink coupon. Insane value.

4. The riot isnt working for me at all. I rode it this weekend and though it was fine and lively, its just not 'fun'.

5. Last week i left my wallet in echigo yuzawa train station. I had to run 4kms trying to hitch back and get it. This week i went one better! I left my wallet on the train when i got off at myoko. It turned up at Naoetsu. It took about an hour for the dudes at naoetsu to find it, so then i had to get the train up there (an hour), hang around naoetsu for an hour, then get the train back. By the time i got on the board and clipped in, it was about 2.10. I got up at 5.40am to start riding at 2.10pm. Roy castle needs to sing songs about me from beyond the grave!

5.5. I saw the freaking OCEAN man! How awesome is that. Saw the ocean and went snowboarding in the space of 2.5 hours. :) Ah japan!

6. This means i missed the powder. By the time i got there it was starting to get a bit slushy. Still, great weekend all things considered (even if the lucky dip hotel was as far south as you could get it).