OK last night I connected my new Macbook to the thunderbolt display, bluetooth keyboard and magic keypad whatever it's called.

Simples as simple can be.

It really did 'just work'.

Loving it so far, just a few hours and I am used to the basics of Mac.

I am very pleased so far.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah that´s right. Not everyone can buy a new mac every 2 years. I did´t expect to do a OS major update twice in 5 years, and they apparently didn´t work well for some people who did it. I stuck to

What software does your 95,000 yen Lightnight Blue include?

I guess the short answer is whatever I buy with the 160,000 yen (2000 USD) still in my bank account after not buying the mac pro server :D I don't think MacOS is worth quite that much.

Mac laptops are nice and the air is good value, but their "pro" desktops are taking the piss. I feel sorry for people who've taken the time and money to learn the mac system and buy expensive software like Photoshop or DTP or video stuff for it. Not everyone needs a laptop. I'm sure some folks would rather have a more powerful and more expandable system in a bigger box. You can fit a pretty big box under any desk that's big enough for a 27" display.

I really do not know but....

With the ipad, I remember some other makers came out with machines that were spec. wise 'more powerful'.

But in reality the ipad remained the slicker and faster device. Because the software is completely tuned for the hardware (?)

Is that the case at all with Apple computers vs PC?

Not the fairest of comparisons there then hey?

Though it did keep your costs below 10man! ;)

The mac pro I mentioned came out last week. :lol:

Apple originally labelled it the "NEW Mac Pro" but then removed the "new". They can't be very interested in making desktops any more if anyone can build a better one for well under half the price simply by choosing what's popular on kakaku.com.

I'm sure the five hours of labour it took me to screw it together wouldn't cost much in China.

It seems like quite a few folks are disappointed with it. Things must be bad if the moderators are joining in.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/150618/apple-quietly-updates-mac-pro-with-intel-xeon-cpu-u

Yeah I know all that.

But you were making the point that your computer was 95000 yen compared to a whatever expensive Mac, but leaving out some important details like.... er, the OS.

It obviously is not the same price, but you were exaggerating/twisting to make the point.

That's all.

:wave:

Apple basically do what they want don't they.

Do Mac-converts soon get used to no mouse? Or get a mouse?

I'm sort of getting used to the track pad thing and it's cool some of the things that can be done, but am always reaching out for that mouse....

Yeah I know all that.

But you were making the point that your computer was 95000 yen compared to a whatever expensive Mac, but leaving out some important details like.... er, the OS.

It obviously is not the same price, but you were exaggerating/twisting to make the point.

That's all.

:wave:

Apple basically do what they want don't they.

Well, any comparison between computers won't be exact. If you're taking offence at the lack of an OS, Windows bought with a USB card is under 9000 yen. For server use, Linux costs whatever distro your network guy uses. Probably not very much.

I won't bore anyone with the whole spec, but for starters my computer has an SSD (120GB, 9500 yen) that the pro mac doesn't and is worse for not having. No-one has to "twist" or "exaggerate" anything to show that brand new mac pros are overpriced and full of old parts. Maybe fanbois aren't, but the mods on apple insider are queuing up to admit it.

Absolutely overpriced and full of old parts.

More the reason why you didn't need to emphasize the point with the odd comparison.

;)

Wonder how many Mac users have Linux powering up their cores.

• 5 weeks later...