• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhhh.....memories...

images of jeans and starter jackets (cheesy jackets with NFL team logos on them) all over the mountain...a truly new york skiing experience...

and yes, they are very uncool, and usually very dangerous... :p

danz

Quote:
Originally posted by danz:
ahhhh.....memories...
images of jeans and starter jackets (cheesy jackets with NFL team logos on them) all over the mountain...a truly new york skiing experience..
danz
haha thumbup2.gif nice one dude I have similar memories of Colorado and "flatlanders" wearing Nebraska Huskers or Kansas City chief stadium jackets, Jeans and rear entry ski boots and those dorky novelty court jester hats. I once saw a Patroller blasting this one group who were intent on a doing a technical black diamond course, what the hell those fools thought they were doing where they were is anybodies guess.
We called them "gapers" I had another friend in California who called them SPORES - stupid people on rental equipment

You guys are goofs, all dupes of corporate marketing campaigns. You don't need all that "technical" gear.

Disgusting vintage snow wear or jeans and a snorkel parka are the shizz-nit...and you better figure it out FAST or else be an onslope dope!

cool.gif

IM how dare you abuse my icon like that! There is nothing wrong with a turtle neck especially if it is worn with stretch courdroys! cool.gif

Question. If the Jean Rider was wearing gators would he/she be even cooler?

oh my, i have a dreadful feeling this thread has started on account of last weekend... i can't fathom why though.

my jeans aged like 10 years at least... let's put it this way, i could go for the bleached punk rocker look.

as to whether or not it was cool or not, i offer this modified quote/retort of forest gump: "cool is what cool does".

regardless, it was funny shit! and i wont be forgettin' my pants again. i hope everyone can enjoy a laugh at my expense when i update my site with vids/pics of the whole experience.

(2 days)

for now, check the partial update!

and cheers to everyone who made the weekend fun, despite mother nature's attempts otherwise. ****in' eh!

nick, you'se da man. you should go into a career of duck tape fashion man.

y' guys oughta know, there r a lotta different cultures livin japan (albeit in small numbers), but any given culture may have its traditional choice in the tape it uses for securing ducks (to stop them getting under ropes for example). some may use sticky tape, others masking tape, and all could argue for the superiority of their duck tape.

however if u choose also to use your duck tape in some form of weather proofing exercise i suggest we reduce the cultural ambiguity and refer to duct tape. its strong, sticky and dont take no sh*t from rain or snow. funnily enough it is also pronounced exactly the same as duck tape. however, as far as know no regional communities have taken to using it for securing ducks, because other cheaper forms of tape to that job adequately.

hope i helped.

(points to badmigraine for showing the way forward)

Yeah, you boys are tickling my pedant rib a bit there.

These kinds of mistakes cost lives. Duck hunters in the States have been known to put 'duck tape' over the hole in their boat in the belief that the water will roll off it like 'water off a duck's back'. Only the tape was for 'ducts', and wasn't waterproof, so the boat sank and they drowned. True story. There were no 'gators to eat them, but they ended up with a lot more water in their gaiters than they bargained for.

I get the feeling that badmigraine has a lot of hands-on experience with godawful clothing...

Us Canadians eh, we carry that duct tape everywhere eh. Fixin a boat eh, might be asking a bit much eh. But those damm Nascars eh, thems get fixed up good eh, by the duct tape eh.

Dane whats that next monday you got a cold eh.

So when should I pick you up for another switch back session eh.