Annoying that it isn't open yet, hey?

I see they need 150cm to be able to open that up because it's protected national park but Happo still only has 140cm up top officially.

Come on snow, just another 10cm or so.

It can't be too much to ask, especially in Hakuba.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Daily Mail   I'm certainly not usually the type to write in and complain but I'm just getting so tired of these over-sensitive type people complaining about other people making jokes about the

Ah, but did you hike naked though, akitapow?

Dear Daily Mail

I'm certainly not usually the type to write in and complain but I'm just getting so tired of these over-sensitive type people complaining about other people making jokes about the word bottomless. Why don't they just. Myself, I have a gnarly tattoo on my butt that says 'bottomless'. In incorrect kanji. But most people don't realise that. Which is a big silly really but it's my butt and I will do whatever I goddam like with it. I'd also like to complain about people complaining about my butt tattoo, as it's just so narrow-minded. But that's another issue. My current outrage is directed at those people complaining about other people complaining about light-hearted jokes. Or something. Have they not got better things to do with their time? But I'm goddam outraged at something and someone anyway.

Yours

:grandpa:

Outraged from Milton Keynes

• Like 1

And waiting for the lame ass "bottomless" comments.... wait wait and there it is.....

What exactly does that achieve apart from stir the pot?

And don't you have better things to do with your time?

:wakaranai:

What exactly does that achieve apart from stir the pot

Nothing!

Quite amusing though all this bickering.

I suppose prolonged (relative) lack of snow does that to people.

140cm. I think Niseko was on that a full month ago.

:doh:

:lol:

Sticks and rocks showing through here and there, too. Not complaining though....just spoiled by the snow at Kamui and Mashike over the Christmas break. Don't know how much of a difference the top quad would have made anyway with the winds today.

Australian Humour

I got it Pete.

What is the benefit opening up the top quad it's pretty flat isn't it and roped off.

It would mke it easier to traverse.

Seemore

What exactly does that achieve apart from stir the pot

Nothing!

Quite amusing though all this bickering.

I suppose prolonged (relative) lack of snow does that to people.

140cm. I think Niseko was on that a full month ago.

:doh:

:lol:

Prolonged lack of snow? What a joke. There are loads of places with as much or more snow then Niseko. The "bickering" has nothing to do with that...

You're right. There were loads of places that had as much or more snow than Niseko in early December. How could I be so wrong?!

I forgot as well to add that part of the amusement is how sensitive some of you guys are. It's like an itch that needs a rub. :lol:

Keep it coming! :party:

Dear Daily Mail

I'm certainly not usually the type to write in and complain but I'm just getting so tired of these over-sensitive type people complaining about other people making jokes about the word bottomless. Why don't they just. Myself, I have a gnarly tattoo on my butt that says 'bottomless'. In incorrect kanji. But most people don't realise that. Which is a big silly really but it's my butt and I will do whatever I goddam like with it. I'd also like to complain about people complaining about my butt tattoo, as it's just so narrow-minded. But that's another issue. My current outrage is directed at those people complaining about other people complaining about light-hearted jokes. Or something. Have they not got better things to do with their time? But I'm goddam outraged at something and someone anyway.

Yours

:grandpa:

Outraged from Milton Keynes

Very funny haha to hear the same lame jokes over and over haha

Small minds come in bottomless configurations

;)

You're right. There were loads of places that had as much or more snow than Niseko in early December. How could I be so wrong?!

I forgot as well to add that part of the amusement is how sensitive some of you guys are. It's like an itch that needs a rub. :lol:

You were referring to the situation now... not early December. I'll tell you what is even more amusing than how sensitive some people can be... people who have only ever been to Niseko and think it's the center of the universe for ski resorts in Japan. Niseko is great but so are loads of other places in Japan.

What is the benefit opening up the top quad it's pretty flat isn't it and roped off.

Not following you there seemore.

You think it's a waste of time?

Last time I went it was pretty exhilirating being up there and the snow was great too. A little walk to get those amazing views as well was great.

But back on the 'topic', it's a shame because that's my favorite area. And the views up there are awesome.

@tokyo did you realise what you wrote above in context with the bottoms sub-thread.

If yes, that's hliarious

If no that's a shame

You were referring to the situation now... not early December. I'll tell you what is even more amusing than how sensitive some people can be... people who have only ever been to Niseko and think it's the center of the universe for ski resorts in Japan. Niseko is great but so are loads of other places in Japan.

Been to plenty places, Black Mountain. Oh yes don't you worry about my experience.

Probably more than most people on here, probably even yourself.

I think I quite clearly mentioned early December. If you read my post you will see that.

Even so, I stand by my comment about "Prolonged lack of snow".

A simple look at the reports and casting your mind back just a few weeks will quite clearly show it.

Unless of course it was that parallel universe where everywhere was being dumped on in December that you are thinking about........come on at least give it 6 months before you start re-writing history. :lol:

Yeah Heather youre right

The view would be good, when I was up there I couldn't see jack and it was windy and the off piste had already been mogulised (If thats a word).

Thats why I asked the benefits I will go back one day but Happo wasn't my favourite place in Hakuba.

Seemore