• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ippy, what you need is....... Some skis.

Yeah got it at the Boarding Co in Hakuba, was trying to buy one on line and the shipping dates kept getting pushed back... Was in the shop a few weeks ago and found out they had just become a dealer and that there were currently a few boards in Japan, canceled the online and went with them. Should be getting my hands on it tonight.

Buying local worked out a little more expensive than online US, but not too much more. The plus was I got some good advice about the rest of the gear & hopefully will get some good future tips about where to ride...

Yeah I am still trying to get my hovercraft from the US but with very bad communication and lack of stock I may have to pay the extra and buy it in Australia

Yes it will cost more but will get warranties and free 1st service

Whoever gets the board in stock first will get my business I think

They won't ship one to Australia and I can't confirm freight costs with the shipping company.

Tightboards/The House have quoted $75 to ship but aren't replying to emails as it doesn't look like they have the 160 in stock (on line)

yeah you need to send it to a freight forwarding company in the States. You should get that delivery for free then you'll be an extra $50-70 IMO for the freight forward comany to send it on to Oz

My board was delivered to hopshopgo on the 3rd of december, it sat there for about 5 days before they assigned it to my account. Then they took 3 days to post it and Im still waiting 17 days after they recieved it.

I got mines quicksmart from them.....In fact I bought 2 boards last year that came thru them and both were delivered quickly. I have recently bought a pair of snowboard pants and they were delivered promptly, I have just authorised my new snowboard jacket to be forwarded on to me.....I've used them repeatedly and they have been great each time

i personally went with shipito. Very fast and decent prices. Never had any delay at all. The one thing you always need to watch out for though is that a lot of these companies will not only charge you by length or weight, but if they can add something extra on volume they will. If you do buy from someone really stress that it needs to have no excessive area to the box its packaged in. I dont mind paying for shipping the item in question, but i really didnt want to buy air from the USA on top of that.

I've used myUS before, they were great, and they have an online inventory of your account, so for us, we bought many items from a few different shops, and once they were all together, got them sent back in one package.

I've used myUS before, they were great, and they have an online inventory of your account, so for us, we bought many items from a few different shops, and once they were all together, got them sent back in one package.

Cheers Alexview

They seem ok and simple to get a quote I will look into it a bit deeper

it's worth checking your inventory at home if you're buying something from the states, clothing and kit is that much cheaper, if you're doing one shipment it's worth grabbing a few things you may need, or asking friends. I found dogfunk and backcountry had a really good range of stuff.

for e.g. I needed a yellow lense for my oakley crowbars, from U.S. it was cheaper to buy a whole new signature series goggle with yellow lense, than it was to buy the lense alone from here.

Yeah I just got dimensions from Backcountry and I think it will cost US$120 to get it here or I pay an additional AU$50 and buy it here i think I will buy local unless Tightboards/The House can get back to me.

Cheers, heading up to Myoko and Hakuba for 9 days over new years - Hopefully it will get a good workout. The 29th can't come soon enough, sick of looking at webcams/reports/forecasts from the desk!

The bindings are the same as Gozaimaas's, should do the trick.

• 1 month later...

Thinking yet again on splitting the charlie... any advice. The do it yourself advice is nice, but i aint gonna :) Anyone have it done in japan for cheapish? Banya craft i think still do it, but 27k for split, and 20k for diy split kit...

Also, i need the diy kit dont i? the universal interface is for already split and driled boards right? Of course it is! im an idiot. But this is why im not exactly confident i could pull this off myself. :)

ETA: Voile light rail bindings are the only real option i have (hook up) sooooo anyone use them? Alright? I assume they are. Seems from a bit of research that theyre decent, but not as good as the blazes. But the only blazes in stock are L size (11+) and ive got pico size 8.5-9US so really only honest option are the voiles.