SnowJapan Community

Ok men, do you have or use a Manbag?

If you do, why?

One of my mates back home seems to have taken to carrying round what can only be described as a Manbag. Of course, I totally disowned him at once, so I was not able to get to the bottom of it. wink

Wallet - if out with my son, then take a rucksack for essentials. That's it.

Snowboarding? Rucksack.

Can you see a theme here? wink

I have one but rarely use it. I don't like wallets so never use them. Usually I just put whatever cards I need in a shirt or jacket pocket and any cash in a pants pocket. If I was heading into somewhere like immigration with a number of documents and passport, etc then I'd use my man bag which I can assure you was completely utilitarian and most definitely not any sort of fashion statement!

Asama-Bin-Shopping has a dainty white manbag

50233_114597888558945_3003_n.jpg

There is no such thing as a 'man bag'. Men don't carry purses...we lay sheet rock and pour concrete! You can only carry this bag if it's carrying a power tool of some sort.

lol but seriously 'man bags' or 'murses' aka purses are for women, any way you cut it.

No way! I carry a wallet, and that's it, if I do carry a bag it will be a rucksack or something along those lines.

OBL=Osama Bin Laden

Triplers pic looksa bit like that fellow in the above the picture...

Clear as mud?

Now.

Back to the topic.

If men can not carry purses...is it OK for women to rock back packs?

Ah ha, i just saw Triplers avatar on another post and now it's clearer than mud

:doh:

Lots of Japanese men seem to carry around those small "man bags". Somwhere between a wallet and a handbag. Wonder what's in them.

Colleague walked into the office yesterday proudly with a new proper brand man bag. We all sniggered of course. I'll have to try and get a photo.

:doh:

Lots of Japanese men seem to carry around those small "man bags". Somwhere between a wallet and a handbag. Wonder what's in them.

Papa has one like that - it is a leather travel wallet for our passports, cash, cards, travel documents etc. With a wrist strap.

We call it his "poofter bag".

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.

Latest Community Content