• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: veronica
Got my summer hols planned.
UK for 2 weeks, parents coming over from the US for a week and ending time together.
Got tickets to see Les Miserables with Alfie Boe and Matt Lucas performing too, so looking forward to that too.

Had a wonderful time.
I do like London, despite things being expensive.
Les Miserables was amazing, Alfie Boe has such an impressive voice and Matt Lucas was very funny as Thernadier. Had a chat with him after he show too, he is funny. Rest of the cast were all strong too.

Lots of memories but I am back in Japan now and work begins again next week.

Not a fan of lots of Matt Lucas has done, but a while back I met him in a restaurant in London, his group was next to ours and had a chat. He was a genuinely funny bloke and was very friendly with it. I liked him.

I'm happy to be back.

I love going back home, but it tends to be whirlwind of activity..... along with lots of eating and drinking. As much fun as that is, it actually gets really tiring by the end and I actually look forward to getting back to my own lifestyle by the end.

I do miss the pies and ales though quite quickly. wink

Hey Dudes!! Just got back from Canada. Had a blast and wasn't quite ready to come back. My wife and daughter extended their stay another two weeks because they were having such a great time. I'm feeling a bit bummed as I usually do saying good-bye to friends and family. Certainly getting A LOT of pressure to move back...mostly from my Japanese wife.. wakaranai Anyway, back to the grind.

Originally Posted By: BillTheBinMan
The good thing about the grind at this time of year is that there's lots to look forward to with fall and then winter on their way.

party

Agreed. That's why I came back a little earlier...saving vacation days for skiing. Can't wait for winter.

Same here.

Love the time when I am back, but it's just kind of far from my new reality which is here. I feel more 'foreign' as the years go by which is a strange feeling and difficult for others to understand too when I'm not quite in sync with how things go. Nothing major mostly small things, but a fair lot of them.

About 3 weeks is just about right.

Originally Posted By: SKI
Back on wobbly Japan ground after a while away.
Good to have the holiday, but good to be back.

friend

Not enjoying being back in this heat and humidity though. It was great in Canada..24 degrees, no humidity,, tennis everyday without being drenched in sweat even before you start. veryangry