Peasant not needed.

I traded in a chunk of air miles I had got and paid under 200,000 yen to get a return Club World business class to Manchester.

As said above there wasn't much choice in dates, but I'm flexible there. Going late July for 3 weeks.

Nice one, I'm in a very good mood now. groovy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Peasant not needed.

I traded in a chunk of air miles I had got and paid under 200,000 yen to get a return Club World business class to Manchester.

As said above there wasn't much choice in dates, but I'm flexible there. Going late July for 3 weeks.

Nice one, I'm in a very good mood now. groovy

ゲットï¼

I can't recall the exact numbers but I had to buy some miles to be able to reach an amount that I could use. But including those miles which cost about $350, I used 120,000 air miles and with that got about 200,000 yen off the normal price of the ticket. So I guess those miles got me about 160,000 yen worth. If that makes sense.

We're off to Thailand next Monday. Holidays, hooray hooray. The plan is to set off on the expressway before midnight Sunday and kip in the car to reduce tolls. Make it to Narita in easy time for the Monday flight.

I may or may not report from Koh Samui. For the memsahib, it will be her first day off (8-10 hours work per day) since November last year. The joys of running a small business.

Thank you thank you. Ten days of beach, books and beers. The good lady bought me a 3mill shortie wetsuit for my 59th. I'll be trying that out, but Koh Samui viz is horrible.

Meanwhile, back in Narita, the last time I stood in the expat re-entry line, it was the fastest queue of the lot.

Last time I came back to Japan (I think it was early April this year), there was no rentry permit line! This was at Kansai KIX. Don't know if this has been applied to all Japan airports, can anyone confirm?

Definitely there. I know because a friend came back last week and called me.... from the re-entry permit line. He said it was very short so he'll be out quick though his Japanese colleague is in a much bigger line and will take longer.

The information was useful at the time, honest! lol

Hmmm just sorted my flight back to the US. More expensive this year for sure all round. Oh well, yen is strong we can enjoy spending those back home.

Going 2nd week of August.