grungy-- zwelgen and i will be at noz tomorrow too- she's got red jacket, black pants, on skis. i"m light blue jacket, red pants, on a board. say the magic echineko if you see us.

Quote:
Originally posted by grungy-gonads:
Resting today, off to Nozawa tomorrow
I`ll be there tomorrow too. It`s raining all day up there today. Ain`t got a choice...if I don`t go there then I probably won`t be able to go at all this season. \:\( Hope the snow won`t be too slushy. Look out for a bald gaijin in Speedo...just kidding!

Yeah me too. It was raining hard when I got home on Saturday night and the next morning was still raining so I lay in bed until about 2:30pm just maxing out. Oh oh its been a looooong time since Ive done that and well well worth it every now and again. How was Noz? the rain here must have given it a pounding. aisu baan anyone?

Just like I had expected Nozawa wasn`t too impressive. It rained pretty hard til about 7am. In the morning the lower part of the mountain was kinda hard but later in the afternoon it all turned to slush. Yamabiko area had some decent pow left til about 11am(kinda crowded though)then it all went down the toilet...bumps and heavy(read dangerous)snow. \:\( Riding the #1 gondola wasted about 30min of my time and WHAT IS UP WITH JAPANESE CUTTING IN LINE?!?! mad.gif I can imagine why some of you like Nozawa Onsen so much. On a fine day Yamabiko would be killer and those 2 long runs(Skyline and I can`t read the kanji of the other one)would be very fun to cruise down, albeit a bit narrow for my liking. I reckon those other 2 pretty steep hills all the way on the left side of the resort would be fun to ride too. Checked out the Kurhaus(spl?)afterward and coughed up a fortune. The locker/changing room they have at Karasawa parking lot is a joke! All in all I`m glad I was able to make the trip up there minus the part when I ran into a tree at Yamabiko...my left side hurts pretty bad right now). I do regret not being able to use the magic "echineko" password though.

If they put in another lift or two and stopped fooling around with ropes, they could have acres of absolutely awesome long tree runs at Nozawa, and make it a huge point of differentiation with other resorts. If only they could just say "Oh, and if you run into a tree, we're not paying a single yen to sort you out." Simple really.

Im glad you dont like it snowbo - more pow for me! Just give it a chance on a good day. I mean Im 15 mins drive away and couldnt be stuffed getting out of bed for the day you went. thats a hint that none of the regulars were there.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
Nozzle looking good for the weekend. Hell, I may even try to get up there on Friday and track the place out.
ummm nope am going to do you over again and get it thurs. Maybe Ill leave a few spots for ya... then again maybe not ;\)

And thennnnnnnnn

Im going to Hokkaido! Go on ask me again...

"Zwelgen where are you going this weekend?"

"Me? Im going to Hokkaido"

Dont worry Ocean its all waiting for you. Went to the Dr yesterday and he told me Ive got tonsilitis and take it easy - ha! But thought Id better not jinx it today with the big hokkaido mish starting tomorrow

so dozo, rip it hard. Although the snow falling off my roof here suggests the pow might be a tad heavy. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.