So wasted my self night riding, was first time night riding and went up the hooded 3 seater "king tripple" and then smashed some powder pretty much waste deep, then went back on trail and was going too fast, caught an edge and flew through the air, i think an end of my board dug in and my body twisted.

Let out the loudest scream of my life that it stopped everyone around me, luckily there were some Japanese riders near me that had a phone and called for help.

While waiting my brother decided to ride down to see where they were as i was really cold and shock was setting in from the pain.

Ski patrol arrived and as he was getting out of his skis he tripped on my board and it went flying down the hill, the ski patrol and my BF raced after it, ski patrol dived for it while i watched but no luck, the board out ran them both and it disappeared over the hill.

Sad and sore i waited as more patrol arrived and then over the brow my board went came a snowmobile with my brother and my board on it, stoked!!

I had the option of the sled behind the skier or the snowmobile so i took the snowmobile, got home had some shots of tequila to stop my shaking from teh shock and crashed out.

next day was physio and they recommended hospital so off we went to Kutchan. I was really impressed with the service, i was in and out in less then two hours, if that was NZ i would have been waiting for at least 6 hours. I had xrays and a consult and 55mls of blood drained from my knee, it was a build up from the small fracture that i have. They couldnt be sure about ligament damage have to get that checked with an MRI when i get home.

I have a brace and some crutches and hopefully get a business class upgrade for me and my BF for flight home!!

Worse thing is this is my good knee...

Maybe time to take up knitting

On another note, has been the best holiday of my life and i love Niseko and Japan smile

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah will see what happened, dont really want to leave my BF sitting by him self thou... Hopefully the flight is empty as like on the way here.

Yeah only had like 3 days riding left so not so bad, got some really good riding in before the injury. smile

Hey, hope you are not in too much pain.

I always carry strong pain killers with me now while boarding.

And it´s about time I should have learnt that lesson.

I haven´t taken up knitting yet.

Don´t give up oi!

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Hey, hope you are not in too much pain.
I always carry strong pain killers with me now while boarding.
And it´s about time I should have learnt that lesson.
I haven´t taken up knitting yet.
Don´t give up oi!

Sounds like a new business opportunity.. party
Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Tattoo time smile

we were meant to go to Sapporo the day after i hurt my self, but couldn't obviously... pretty gutted about that to be honest, so will defo have to come back so i can do that next time..

I have voltarin that i always have with me and am taking now, someone suggested that i get some aspirin before the flight to thin my blood, to lower risk of clots??

Business class upgrade confirmed!! smile
Originally Posted By: CptSlow
I have voltarin that i always have with me and am taking now, someone suggested that i get some aspirin before the flight to thin my blood, to lower risk of clots??

Sounds like a good idea!