Originally Posted By: Slippery Jim
Excuse me, but if you ate it anywhere near the Brooklyn Bridge, it ain't pizza.
BUT DO NOT REFER TO THAT CRAP AS PIZZA! iamright

Fixed for you, Jim. The stuff that is served anywhere but Italy is a poor representation of the real thing.

Love how foods get redefined when they cross borders/oceans.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: JA
Excuse me, but if you ate it anywhere near the Brooklyn Bridge, it ain't pizza.
BUT DO NOT REFER TO THAT CRAP AS PIZZA! iamright

Fixed for you, Jim. The stuff that is served anywhere but Italy is a poor representation of the real thing.

Love how foods get redefined when they cross borders/oceans.

A number of restaurants in Japan (and lots of places elsewhere no doubt) have been certified by the Napoli pizza association as making real pizza. One is in Toyohashi, so its not just the Shimokitas of this world. They have to use the same ingredients (i.e., the very same flour) and a wood fired oven.

If the Italians call it the real thing, that's good enough for me.

Napoli pizza association! rollabout Which triad gang runs that?

I'd wager I know far more Italians who've eaten pizza both in Italy and New York than any of youse, and they ALL worship

Any damn fool can invent; it take genius to perfect.

yesterday had to be one of the best days of my life, we went snowmobiling in the morning and then went snowboarding, both in powder and then we finished the day off with an 8 course meal at Lupicia just out of Niseko, its was really lovely food, defo not for people on a budget but it was so nice and an awesome experience.

I didn't realise people got so uppity about something as simple as pizza! Trust Americans to think they make the best anywhere. As though Italians never settled anywhere else in the world other than around Brooklyn Bridge rolleyes

why not enlighten us oh great pizza god?

I don't know why it is that Yanks are (**sweeping statement disclaimer**) such Know-it-all's and it seems that the New Yorkers among them are the biggest Know-it-all's of all!! You can keep your tractor wheel pizza with no toppings, for sure its huge and tastes pretty damn good but I like to have toppings on mine other than cheese, herbs n garlic salt

no you said you feel sorry for me, because pizza isn't pizza unless from the Brooklyn bridge (or some other nonsense like that) That isn't enlightenment, thats just crass Know-it-all nonsense

I do feel sorry for you, Tubby. That's why I told you where you could get some real pizza (I do try to be helpful). But if you refuse to listen, well...I've neither the time nor the criminal inclination to kidnap you, transport you halfway around the world and force-feed you. Hie thee to the Hub for fish & chips and rest content.

I do feel sorry for you, Tubby. That's why I told you where you could get some real pizza (I do try to be helpful). But if you refuse to listen, well...I've neither the time nor the criminal inclination to kidnap you, transport you halfway around the world and force-feed you. Hie thee to the Hub for fish & chips and rest content.

wakaranai

Well the feeling is mutual, I feel sorry for you for the typically blinkered view that you have