Germany sucks because ...

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Football matches with cheap season tickets and terraces with an atmosphere that pisses on Premiership-era English football.

How much are they Mr Wiggles?
Surely the atmo ain't better than, say, Old Trafford!? veryshocked

I bet the bratwurst doesn't hold a light to them prawn sandwiches.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/apr/11/bundesliga-premier-league

Its a very competitive league with no established top 2 or 3 or 4. The Guardian doesn't mention it, but a lot of atmosphere (and cheap tickets I guess) is because they have terraces. Some god awful strips though! The Toon's old deckchair one is tame by comparison. We are talking two-tone green, technicolor barfs, luminuous yellow etc.

10467.jpg

As worn by Bruno, no doubt.
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
My brother in law plays first grade and is the captain of the local FC.
Nice social scene. They all go on skiing trip together, parties, dinners...
Bit like the Rugby clubs in OZ.

He's 74 and still plays?
Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
Originally Posted By: big-will
Is the footie any good though?

Not really.

Bundusliga isrubbish, much like the England national side.

Anomaly here. Germans play good internationally, not so Inglund.
Originally Posted By: thursday
My brother in law plays first grade and is the captain of the local FC.
Nice social scene. They all go on skiing trip together, parties, dinners...
Bit like the Rugby clubs in OZ.

He's 74 and still plays?

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Bloody hitler.

Obviously Germany has come a long way, buuuuuut using ethnicity extermination as a scapegoat for social problems is pretty hard to forget. So yeah, bloody hitler is what I was thinking!
Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Football matches with cheap season tickets and terraces with an atmosphere that pisses on Premiership-era English football.

How much are they Mr Wiggles?
Surely the atmo ain't better than, say, Old Trafford!? veryshocked

I bet the bratwurst doesn't hold a light to them prawn sandwiches.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/apr/11/bundesliga-premier-league

Its a very competitive league with no established top 2 or 3 or 4. The Guardian doesn't mention it, but a lot of atmosphere (and cheap tickets I guess) is because they have terraces. Some god awful strips though! The Toon's old deckchair one is tame by comparison. We are talking two-tone green, technicolor barfs, luminuous yellow etc.

10467.jpg

As worn by Bruno, no doubt.

Of from Tron.

Hey anyone see that yet?

Tron

shit..I haven´t hear that one for prolly 30 years. Low budget. kids stuff.

I agree Germans have the worst fashion of all Europeans.

They put bad taste silly costumes on Operas and Ballet and have absolutely no artistic sense. Makes it looks like their post modern architecture

Tron

It aint low budget, it aint kid's stuff. Unless of course you mean kids being 30 years your junior, like in their 50's.
Tron

Jynxx, jynxx, jynxx. Please don't sprout bollocks like that. rolleyes

The costume budget alone was $13mil. low budget. And they advertised the movie three years running at Comic Con, whose largest demographic, is the 18-34. Kids indeed. rolleyes

Yeah, rough sounds

(but now I can speak it, it´s not so bad)

Depends who speaks really.

English spoken by most Brits is very unattractive.

Australian, say no more.

I like the Southern USA English

when i was a kid (age 9-12 and 14-18) i lived in germany and HATED it, (I was a forces brat so it wasnt as integrated as it sounds). But all i could think about was being back in the UK (in scotland in particular) watching four channels of telly and going to a proper school and eating the same crap i ate. Instead im stuck in this rather uptight traditional place in the middle of nowhere - Near Goch in Kreise Kleve if you must know.

But now im getting on a bit and i tell you, theres a pull to germany that my heart absolutely years for. If its not the shnellimbiss, (excuse every german word misspelled, its been a long time), its just the whole peaceful slow pace of life. I keep seeing this vision of ye olde world houses covered in snow and its simply beautiful. And the people! There we are occupying their country (nyuk nyuk, no point making a pro germany post without a bit of controversy), and the people were nothing but gentle, accommodating and frankly beautiful. Nostalgia has clearly affected my brain and maybe i need a couple of weeks to start feeling stir crazy again, but i reckon with age, pleasures become more embodied and less abstract. And if there is a place in the world that pleasures the senses, it has to be Germany.

Funny that, about memories.

I grew up in Wimbledon London as a kid age 5-11 and had put that experience as "privileged" and "advantage" since it made me speak English and get to see some of Europe.

But as I grew older, I came to realize I really had a bad time, England being a really shitty place to grow up and just bullshitting myself to cover that up. (Australia would have been better.)I sometimes wish I never went there.

I made one good friend I am back in touch with now after finding his name as an author of a couple of books. Looking forward to seeing him again.