Ladies expecting 43620 yens worth of Christmas presents!

Apparently, this year, Japanese ladies are expecting their Christmas present to be 'worth' 43620 yen.

Last year it was just 29,888 yen.

How the silly TV program knows this, I don't know. But I thought it worth reporting.

Ha! I spent that on undies for my menfolk yesterday!

Do people really have an expectation of value of a gift though?

I recall one year that Papa and I set a $20/one gift limit because we were moving house - it was an AWESOME year. We actually had to think hard to come up with a gift under that amount that rocked.

It is not about the $$$ it is about the intention and thought and love behind the gift.

EG: another year I was given a host of costly gifts - but as I opened I sensed something was wrong. In the end I discovered that the busy beloved had sent the secretary out with the company credit card to choose, buy and wrap the gifts. I was not a happy elf that year!!

Maybe some people respond the sheer dollar value - but not me.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Ha! I spent that on undies for my menfolk yesterday!

You spent 45000 yen on underpants?!!!!

WTF?! Are they lined with gold or something?

15 items. Not cheap. But not surprising. The most expensive item was Calvin Klein PJ pants @ $65 - other than the one set of PJs the rest were undies. But good undies. Not lined with gold.

I did shudder handing over the credit card for that much for undies - I think it is time some of the kids moved out and bought their own. LOL

doh

THEY want nice undies.

I reckon getting changed in front of others on a regular basis I wouldn't be too keen on daggy pants either wink

Is it this?

bonds-dodgy-undies-amnesty-150793.jpg

Or this?

undie-types.gif

Ya need some UndiePride fella's!! lol

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
I have some very sexiful pie boxers.
Yes, a selection of pies. I think there's a steak and kidney, as well as meat and potato and chicken anscmushroom on there.
Class they are.
That is classic biggrin