Originally Posted By: Ezorisu
I recall seeing "paddle surfboard across Pacific Ocean" as part of the directions from Hawaii to some California destination.

Did you do it Ezorisu?

Wonder how it comes up with such absurd stuff. I can understand some strangeness creeping in, but "paddle surfboard across the Pacific Ocean"?!?

lol
Originally Posted By: klingon
Originally Posted By: Ezorisu
I recall seeing "paddle surfboard across Pacific Ocean" as part of the directions from Hawaii to some California destination.

Did you do it Ezorisu?

Wonder how it comes up with such absurd stuff. I can understand some strangeness creeping in, but "paddle surfboard across the Pacific Ocean"?!?

lol

No, I went to Vancouver instead! My arms ended up hurting much more.

In all seriousness, I think it is funny that the programmer geeks put this kind of thing in, but I am waiting for some bonehead North American to actually try to follow the instructions and try suing Google, sort of like the lady that drove her car into a building because the GPS/Navi unit told her to go straight.
Originally Posted By: SKI
Is it a sense of humor thing or some niggly programming bug that put this in?

Definately nerd humor. Strange bunch. A school friend would constantly make binary jokes.

Quote:
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary those that do and those who don't.