What is up with some people?

--

US clothes retailer Gap has scrapped a new logo just one week after its introduction following an "outpouring of comments" online.

The original logo, which has been used for more than 20 years, has a blue box with "GAP" written in white inside.

The new logo on the website had "Gap" written in black against a light background with a small blue square behind the top of the letter "p".

But critics attacked the rebranding on social networks and online forums.

More than 2,000 comments were posted on the company's Facebook page on the issue, with many demanding the return of the traditional logo

_49465924_gap.jpg

Old one

_49465400_gap.jpg

Actually, since 2 minutes ago, I spent 2 months with some target groups and endless stressful meetings to come up with my design proposal. They could have had it for $1000000 instead of that higher price I quoted above.

gapm.gif

What do you reckon?

After my original proposal (above) was rejected, I went back to the drawing board and spent another 6 weeks preparing this redesign. I think the Comic sans font is fab and can you notice the gap in the bottom line thingy. I'd go into it further but it would probably be above your heads, though subconsciously you would get the message. That's what makes it so clever and worth the dosh.

thumbsup

gap2.gif

Phew. tired now. Hope the facebook saddos like this one enough for Gap to cough up.

When you have spent a fortune on branded clothes to look cool changing the logo means you are back to square one and the new logo looks like a knock off and/or makes the clothes with the previous ones look so last year, hence the outpouring of tears from those who wear their jumpers tied around their neck when they arent wearing them smile

Originally Posted By: Ctrl-Z
No logo beats this one

2012Logo_LondonOlympics.jpg

Apparently it's depicting some of the contestants using the 5,000,000 condoms that will be distributed free at the event.

That one always makes me laugh no matter how many times I see it.

thats the family nickname for my older brother...Captain Sensible.....he's always doing stupid things, electrocuted himself as a 9yr old by jamming a knife into the toaster cos he thought the toast was burning, burnt his eyelashes and eyebrows off by getting too close to a bonfire in our back garden one Guy Fawkes night, almost chopping my leg off with a machete in Australia because he wanted a "shot" chopping down a banana tree on the farm we worked at and he accidently let the machete slip from his hand, missing my calf by mere centimetres.